Do you know how many points you have left on your driving license? If you want to find out, follow our step-by-step guide.how do i know how many points i have on my license
Next we will show you how to know the points that you have left on your driving license through a simple online management through the official website of the DGT. And it is that not everyone knows how to find out the remaining points of their driving license; That is why thanks to our step-by-step guide you will be able to find out in a few minutes. So much so, that each driver with a valid driving license can consult the points of his license completely free of charge as part of the online service offered by the General Directorate of Traffic . Do not miss how to find out the remaining points of your driving license .
How to find out the driving license points/how do i know how many points i have on my license.
Index of contents
- What you need to check the points of the card
- How to know the driving license points
What you need to check the points of the card
Before going on to consult the points of the card through the official website of the DGT , let’s see what prerequisites we must meet:
- Internet accessfrom PC, mobile or tablet.
- A valid email account.
- The IDof the holder of the driving license.
- The driver’s license forwhich you want to know its remaining points.
Now that you know everything you need to check the balance of points on your driving license , let’s see how to do the consultation online.
How to know the driving license points
Follow the steps below to find out how many points you have left on your driving license:
- Access the official website of the DGT.
- In the column in the middle of the screen titled Procedures,click on the section Check your points .
- You will access a new page entitled Consultation of pointswith five options to access the service: Cl @ ve , User and password , Face-to-face , Telephone and miDGT App . To use the Cl @ ve access, you will need the password provided by the Administration, although if you choose Username and password, it will only be necessary to register in the system.
- The simplest thing will be to click on Username and password; choose that option.
- If you are already registered, enter your access data with your NIF / NIE and your access code; Now enter the characters shown in the security image and click on Enter.
- On the contrary, if you are not registered, click on the yellow box Request password to consult the balance of Points.
- Once inside the system, enter your NIF and the date of issuance of the driving license or permit, which you will find on the back of the card, after section 10.
- When you have identified yourself in the system you will have to enter a valid email addressthat you will have to rewrite as verification; A password will be sent to that email address.
- When you receive this password, enter it on the Points balanceinquiry screen (without certificate) .
- Then change the password again for security.
- Once you have completed the process you will be able to see the number of points remaining on your driving license.
If you follow all these steps to the letter in just a few minutes you will be able to check the balance of points that you have left on your driving license . And remember, drive carefully and follow the rules of the road to avoid losing your driving license points.