Something very common that we usually do in our free time and even in our work, is to use the Skype application in order to communicate, this can be through video calls or messages.
But it often happens that for some reason we want to delete the conversation history as a whole or individually. But what if we don’t know how to delete the conversation history in Skype ? Keep reading, in this article we will show you what are the steps to do it easily and simply.
- How do I configure Skype not to save the history of conversations?
- What are the steps to clear Skype conversation history?
- From a cell phone
- In a computer
- What is the method to delete a specific conversation in Skype?
- What can I do to recover deleted conversations in Skype?
How do I configure Skype not to save the history of conversations?
- We open the Skype application from our device and log in, if we cannot enter, we must try to change or set your Skype password.
- With our session started, we click where it says tools and we go to options, these are at the top of the interface.
- On the left side of the screen, we go to the “Chat and SMS”category and chat settings, then we click on the button to show advanced options.
- We look for the option that says “Save history for” and we click on it, when we do this, several options will be displayed, we leave it in “There is no history” and we proceed to press the save button to apply the changes.
What are the steps to clear Skype conversation history?
This can be done in both the mobile device version and the computer version, these processes are shown below.
From a cell phone
- We enter the Skype application from our mobile device, we recommend downloading Skype from the latest version of the Google Play Store.
- Once we log into our Skype account, we proceed to search for the chat or conversation whose history we want to erase.
- With the conversation located, we keep pressed on it until several options appear, we select the one that says “Delete conversation”.
In a computer
- From our computer, we open the Skype program and log in, if we do not have an account, we can create a new account in Skype and log in to it.
- Being within our account, we go to the upper left part of the interface and click on tools> options.
- On the left side of the screen, we go to the “Privacy” section, here we proceed to look for the option that says “Save history for”.
- Once we locate this option, we position ourselves to the right of it until we find the button that says “Delete the history”, we press it and press the accept button to confirm the changes.
What is the method to delete a specific conversation in Skype?
- We enter our Skype account, either from our mobile device or our computer, preferably using the latest version of the platform to avoid problems.
- Once we are inside the platform interface, we look for the chat from which we want to delete all the messages in the conversation.
- When we locate the conversation, we have to right click or hold down on it, there we will be shown a series of options, we have to click where it says “Delete this conversation”and click the accept button to apply the changes.
What can I do to recover deleted conversations in Skype?
Something that usually happens very often is that we accidentally delete our Skype conversations and want to recover them, this cannot be done through the Skype settings, however, fortunately, it is possible to recover Skype conversations by restoring versions previous in our Windows . If you want to know how to access this system tool, we will show you below:
- In our Windows computer, we go to the storage unit in which we have the Skype program installed, usually it is the “Local Disk C:”.
- Then, we go to the users folder and locate the folder with our Windows username.
- We go to the path AppData / Roaming / Skype, here we look for our Skype username and right click on it to go to the properties.
- We enter the previous versions tab located at the top and proceed to look for a previous version of the program, this has to be from a date before we delete the messages.
- Once the previous version of the program is located, we press the restore button, we must follow a series of instructions that are shown on the screen and press the confirm button.
If for any reason you have errors when it comes to deleting the history of your conversations in Skype, we recommend that you contact Microsoft Skype technical support , it has a highly trained staff who will help you with the resolution of your problem in as soon as possible, this via email or regular updates from the platform or application.