Currently, the PayPal platform is considered one of the most reliable when making online transactions around the world. In addition, it allows you to contact PayPal’s technical service for complaints or suggestions. However, as the years go by, more and more users decide to look for better alternatives and permanently delete their account.
If you are thinking of unsubscribing from PayPal, then you have reached the indicated post. Later we will show you the steps you must follow in order to permanently close a PayPal account .
One of the reasons why many users decide to leave PayPal is the limitation of accounts for no apparent reason. It is more and more frequent that the accounts of users who claim not to have suspicious businesses are frozen. This means that PayPal can decide at any time that your account has suspicious activity and therefore can block it.
Delete my PayPal account from my computer
If you have made the decision to close your PayPal account permanently, then we recommend that you continue reading, since in this section we will explain in great detail everything you need to know to unsubscribe from PayPal from your computer .
As you will see below, this process is quite simple. You just have to read the steps carefully to avoid possible inconveniences.
- The first thing you should do is open your browser of choice and enter the official PayPal portal.
- Then, when you have entered this page then you must click on the “Enter” button that is located in the upper right part of the screen so that you can log in with your data.
- Now you just have to write the email associated with your PayPal account and click on the option « Next «
- Then you just have to enter the access code to your account and log in to your PayPal account in Spanish .
- Then you will have to go to the upper right part of the screen to click on the gear icon that is right next to the option «Close session»
- Now the settings panel of our account will open, here you have to select the option that says “Close account”
- Then a new pop-up screen will appear in which we will see the following question “Do you want to go ahead to delete your PayPal account?” You just have to press the button that says « Close account «
In this way you will have already completed all the necessary procedure to unsubscribe from PayPal from the comfort of your computer in a few minutes.
Steps to delete a PayPal account from the smartphone
Now, if you are one of those users who prefer to do this type of process from their mobile, then you have reached the appropriate part of the post. Later we will explain in detail all the steps you must follow to be able to delete a PayPal account from your smartphone .
Basically the process is very similar to that of computers, however from the mobile you will have to do an extra step. On the other hand, remember that this process applies to both devices Android and iOS.
- First of all, you must go to the applications app (App Store for iOS users and Google Play Store for Android users) and download the official PayPal app.
- Once the download and installation process has finished, open the app and proceed to log in. To do this, remember to enter both your email address and your password. After having done this, press the option «Login»
- To continue you have to go to the tab ” Login and security ” and then select the option “Permissions you have given.”
- Now, in this new window that has opened, you must close the permissions tab and click on the “Account” section
- Scroll down the menu until you get the ” Close Account ” tab . Then you will see on the right an option that says “Close”, click on it and wait a few minutes for a new window to appear.
- In this step you will have to click on the “Close account” option that appears in this new window.
- In this way you will have successfully completed the process to delete a PayPal account from your smartphone, which will take you no more than 5 minutes.
We hope that our tips will be of great help to you, but remember to think twice before closing your account. Don’t forget the benefits such as limiting or unlimiting shipments and withdrawals with PayPal in a few steps, among many others.