- Due to game rules, inactivity or if you change your mind, you will need to update your name in League of Legends. To do this, you will need to follow a few simple steps.
- As a one-time exception, you can change the space and capitalization of your Summoner Name without having to purchase a Summoner Name change.
- For more solutions on League of Legends and many other games, visit our Game Troubleshooting page.
- In our detailed Gaming Hub, you will find guides and solutions for many games and game launchers. If you have a problem, the answer is likely here.
League of Legends ( LoL ) is a super popular multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game created by Riot Games for Microsoft Windows and macOS. As popular as it may be, LOL doesn’t come without problems.
Renaming League of Legends on Windows 10 can sometimes be a difficult task, however in the following article we have all the details you need to make this change.
- How can I change my League of Legends name?
- Prerequisites if you have the same username on multiple servers
- Change the name of the store
How can I change my League of Legends name?
1. Prerequisites if you have the same username on multiple servers
- Check all the accounts that might be blocking each other. If they are all connected to the same email account, you should have received an email listing them for you.
- Login to your alternate / PBE accounts first on the website and update them.
- Once all of your primary and secondary accounts are updated (again, don’t forget PBE), log back into your primary account. If you were the only person in the world with that account name, it should be unlocked, so the pop-up should no longer appear.
If you have signed up for League of Legends on multiple servers (including PBE), you will need to ensure that each account has a unique name. By completing the steps above, you should now be able to change your Summoner Name.
2. Change the name of the store
- Open the Store and click the Account button (the profile with the gear icon behind it).
- At the bottom of the list of items displayed, select Summoner Name Change.
- Enter your name and click the Check Name button .
- If your new name is available, select the method of purchase (Riot Point or Influence Points) to complete the name change.
- Your new name will take effect once you log back into PVP.net and the forums.
As a one-time exception, you can change the space and capitalization of your Summoner Name without having to purchase a Summoner Name change. To do this, you will need to raise a ticket with the LOL support team with the following subject line: SUBJECT: Summoner name change.