Next, let’s see how I can avoid tapping on the touchpad when typing in Windows 10 , something that can be quite annoying for many people when typing on a laptop.
Laptops are too comfortable for typing and for many things. The possibility of taking it wherever we want is something that greatly facilitates certain tasks, whether study or work.
All laptops come with a touchpad that is, in a nutshell, what we use to move the mouse pointer and thus not need a conventional one always connected to it.
The problem is that when we write, to be under the keyboard. You may touch it by mistake. This can cause endless possibilities and complicate our work. How can we avoid it? The simplest way would be to disable it.
Most laptops have key combinations that vary depending on the brand to deactivate it. But on many occasions, this is not what we want. Can it be solved in another way?
How to avoid touches on a laptop touchpad
However, it may not be your idea, since you use the same back of a conventional mouse. So what we should do is activate the touchpad delay in Windows 10 .
The latest version of Microsoft’s operating system has a configuration menu where we can manipulate many things in our operating system without having to access the Windows registry or go through the Control Panel.
In this way we can access the functions menu for the touchpad and add a delay to it. So if we touch it involuntarily, it doesn’t react at all. Ideal to write much more comfortable and always have the possibility to use it whenever we want.
How to enable delay on the touchpad in Windows 10
- The first thing we will do is go to ” Start ” and then press on the gear wheel that is on the left side.
- Then the Windows Settings menu opens .
- Here you will have to go to the ” Devices ” section.
- In the left sidebar we will find a section for ” Mouse and touch panel “.
- In this place we will see a section that says ” Touch panel ” with a drop-down menu.
- By pressing on it we will have four options: no delay ( always active, short, medium and long delay ).
- Generally, the average delay is enough to avoid unintentional touches on the touchpad. However, depending on the writing speed, you may have to configure another delay, be it short or long.
- We recommend you try each of these to draw your own conclusions and in this way avoid touching the touchpad of your laptop.
As you can see, it is extremely easy to do so. In case you always use a conventional mouse connected to your laptop , it would be best to proceed to deactivate the touchpad. Each brand has a combination of keys to achieve this, so it is not impossible to add them to all in this article.
However, you can find out online what is the combination for your laptop and this would be the best option because if you are not going to use it, it is not worth having it active or with the delay in question.
In case you have any kind of problem to carry out this simple tutorial or want to clarify any doubts about it. We always have the comment section open so you can leave it there. Remember that a little below you can find it and we will try to help you in everything that is necessary