Homemade cream punch cocktail. It is a typical Venezuelan alcoholic drink made from brandy , eggs and milk . It is especially consumed at Christmas time . It is considered a calorie- laden liquid dessert which has 10 degrees more than a typical beer .
[ hide ]
- 1 Story
- 2 Ingredients
- 3 Preparation
- 4 Sources
It was the chemist, perfumer from Caracas Eliodoro González ( 1871 – 1923 ) who introduced him to the market. The first advertisement for Eliodoro González cream punch (created in 1900 and patented four years later) was published in the magazine El Cojo Ilustrado in 1905 . It is a nutritious drink, to the point that it was formerly administered to children as a medicine against colds . However, nowadays, given its high doses of calories and, of course, its alcohol content, it is not usually given to children, and adults, for their part, consume it mainly at the end of the year.
- 1 large can of condensed milk
- 1 Flan Royal
- 1 Cup of Rum
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Icefrapé (ice blended, to serve it at the end)
- The flanis prepared according to the instructions on the box.
- Put the flan in the blender and add the rest of the ingredients.
- It is served with frapé ice.
- Apart from the main ingredients it is usually flavored with vanilla and nutmeg
- Its sweet taste, the quantity gives for 6-8 people, the preparation time 5 minutes.