There are many reasons for blackness of elbows and knees such as dry skin, obesity, genetics, hormonal imbalance, formation of dead skin cells and non-maintenance of skin. The skin also becomes black due to constant friction or pressure in the elbows, knees or ankles. You can easily remove the blackness from your knees and elbows by using various home remedies.
Home remedies to remove blackness of elbows and knees –
- Mix one spoon of honey in the juice of one lemon. Apply this mixture on your elbow and knee and leave it for 20 minutes. Then wash with water.
- Make a paste by mixing milk in a spoonful of baking soda. Apply this paste on your elbows and knees and rub it slowly. Then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Make a paste by mixing one teaspoon of curd in two spoons of gram flour. Apply this paste on your elbow and knee and leave it for 20 minutes. Then rub the paste with the help of wet fingers and wash it with water.
- Make a paste by mixing turmeric, honey and milk. Apply this paste on your elbow and knee and leave it for at least 20 minutes. Then rub it for 2 minutes with the help of wet fingers and then wash it with water.
- Massage your knees and elbows daily with warm olive oil or coconut oil for about 10 minutes.
- Break the fresh aloe vera leaves and extract thejuice from Then apply aloe vera gel on your knee and elbow and leave it for half an hour. Then wash off with warm water.
- Rub a small piece of ripe papaya on your knee and elbow. This will make your skin soft and supple.
- Add a pinch of turmeric to a spoonful of butter and rub it on your elbows and knees for a few minutes. Then wash it with lukewarm water. This makes the skin of dark elbow and knees light.
- Make a paste by mixing one teaspoon of olive oil in one teaspoon of sugar. Rub this paste on your elbows and knees for a few minutes before bathing.
- To remove dead skin cells, clean elbows and knees with a pumice while bathing.
- Use sunscreen regularly.