Itchy skin of the scalp is a common problem. In summer, this problem becomes more. Itching in the head also increases the problem of hair loss. Itchy scalp can be caused by dandruff, dry scalp, wrong eating, stress, shampoo allergy, head lice, viral infections, scalp fungus and inadequate care of hair. If you are troubled by itching and rash in the scalp, you can overcome it by using some home remedies.
Home remedies to relieve itching –
- The vitamin C and antiseptic properties present in lemon helps in treating scalp itching and dry scalp. It also helps in removing dandruff. Massage your head thoroughly with fresh lemon juice and leave for five minutes. Then wash the head.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the skin of your scalp and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Massage your head with olive oil for a few minutes. After that make a paste by adding water to baking soda and apply this paste on the skin of your head and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash thoroughly with water.
- Heat sesame oil and massage your scalp with warm oil every night for at least 10 minutes before going to bed. Then wrap a hot towel over your head and leave it for about 10 minutes before going to bed. Then wash your hair thoroughly with shampoo in the morning.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water. After washing the hair with shampoo, apply this mixture on your scalp and wash it with water after few minutes.
- Soak 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Then make a paste and apply this paste on the skin of your head and leave it for half an hour. Then wash it with water. It also helps in reducing dandruff.
- Add lemon juice to the curd and apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Then wash your hair with mild shampoo.
- Apply onion juice to the skin of your scalp and leave it for half an hour. Then wash your hair with shampoo. It is a very effective remedy to treat itching and dandruff problem.
- Massage your head and hair roots with lukewarm coconut oil for at least 10 minutes. Then wrap a hot towel on your head for a few minutes and then wash your hair thoroughly with shampoo.