Irregular menstruation or missed menstruation is a common problem in women. The normal cycle of menstruation is from 21 to 35 days. Menstrual bleeding usually lasts two to seven days. Many causes of irregular menstrual cycle such as anemia, thyroid disease, hormonal imbalance, weight gain or occurrence, diabetes, pregnancy or breastfeeding, miscarriage or childbirth, stress, smoking, drinking, drinking certain drugs and birth control pills . You can use home remedies to treat irregular menstruation.
Irregular menstrual home remedies –
- Sesame helps to regulate the menstrual cycle and balance hormones. Dry fry a handful of sesame seeds and grind it with a spoonful of jaggery. After that, take one teaspoon of this mixture on an empty stomach two weeks before the start of menstruation. Do not use this remedy during menstruation.
- Raw papaya is one of the best and easiest home remedies for treating irregular menstruation. Drink raw papaya juice regularly or can also eat raw papaya for a few months. Do not use this remedy during menstruation.
- Turmeric is a herb, which is believed to be helpful in regulating menstruation and balancing hormones. Apart from this, the anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties present in it helps in relieving menstrual pain. Mix one fourth teaspoon of turmeric with milk, honey or jaggery and consume this mixture daily for a few weeks.
- Put two spoons of fennel seeds in a glass of water and leave it for overnight. Then filter it in the morning and drink it regularly.
- Ginger is very beneficial in regularizing the menstrual cycle and relieving periodBoil one teaspoon of fresh ginger in a cup of water for 5 minutes and then add a little sugar to it. Drink this mixture three times a day after eating food.
- Raw carrot or carrot juice is a good home remedy to treat irregular menstruation. Drink a glass of carrot juice regularly for three months.
- A mixture of dry mint and honey works as a good Ayurvedic remedy for irregular menstruation. It also helps reduce menstrual cramps. Mix one spoon honey in dried peppermint powder and drink it thrice a day for several weeks.
- Boil one spoon of coriander seeds in two cups of water until the water content is reduced to half. After that filter it and drink it at least thrice a day.
- Cinnamon helps to regularize the menstrual cycle and reduce menstrual cramps. Mix half a teaspoon cinnamon powder in a glass of milk and eat it daily.
- Add one teaspoon of honey to fresh aloe vera gel and consume this mixture before breakfast. For best results, use this remedy for at least three months. Do not use this remedy during menstruation.