The development of internet services and the changing times like today have brought about a lot of changes, especially for online game lovers. Not infrequently those who like this game always spend their time all the time just playing games. Not only young people who like this online game activity, even the type of play itself is quite often done by almost all groups. From children, young people to adults. The danger of this type of game is to make children a night of learning, so their learning activities will be very disturbed since the presence of this online game.
Every year the enthusiasts of this online game have experienced more and more developments, it can even be said that it has increased much higher in the future. This certainly makes online game companies even more profitable, but they don’t realize the dangers of addiction to this one game. Actually it is not really a problem for those who like to play games, but the problem here is that people cannot control the time, so playing this game is not limited and at will this will certainly greatly interfere with their daily activities. Here are the characteristics of people who have been affected by game addiction:
- Someone who is addicted to games in general will always spend his time playing games, both on cellphones and on computers, even that person will also find it difficult to control time for himself.
- Feel restless when not playing.
- Prefer playing games rather than hanging out with friends. Because if someone is addicted to the game, it will definitely be difficult to divide time, even the main priority is just to play this game. You will also lose moments with family and friends.
- Prioritizing playing games more than others. This must be a trait of a person who is overly addicted to gaming, as he prioritizes playing games more than anything else important.
- The appearance of migraine on the head is also one of the characteristics of people who are addicted to games, because this can also be caused by watching too long on a computer screen, so that their blood vessels and circulation are disturbed.
- Having insomnia is another characteristic that you are addicted to games. Because every day you only prioritize playing games over school, and this will make your activities even more disturbed and even sleep time will decrease.
Many also claim that someone who is very badly addicted to games can be said to have a mental disorder. Even in this play addiction can also be a psychological impact of using gadgets which is quite severe. Playing without knowing the time certainly will not have any positive value, in fact there are only negative effects it can have, namely a very severe game addiction. In fact, quite a lot of research and research has been done on the dangers of playing games. Game addiction is also not infrequently a psychological deviation that may occur, because anything that is done excessively has a very bad effect.
Causes of Someone Addicted to Games
For online game enthusiasts, playing games is indeed very fun, but not infrequently this type of game can make someone become excessively addicted, even if not taken seriously it will be very dangerous for them. Actually, the causes of addiction to this online game are quite varied, including we will explain below:
- The Game is Always Evolving and Endless.
As we all know, the effect of games on the mental of children is quite dangerous, especially for children who are already severely addicted. In fact, there are many causes for someone to be addicted, including the game that is always developing and has no end. If in the past the game had several levels and it would run out if you had entered the highest level, in contrast to the current type of game which has many features, so it will never finish, this is what causes people to become addicted and continue to be curious.
- Gamers Gather in One Social Media Interaction The
attraction of gamers gathering in chat applications that are usually provided is a special attraction, so this becomes a large community and makes it difficult for someone to stop playing.
- Having its own challenges.
In the game itself is actually something that is entertaining and not boring, this is a challenge in itself and keeps fans curious to conquer the levels.
- Having Many Forms of Emotions
Challenges in the game certainly create their own emotions, ranging from anxiety, tension, anger and even happiness, this is what makes it difficult for gamers to stop playing. For those who are addicted to this game it is not unstoppable or how to be overcome, because there are also several ways that can be done, including:
- Have Strong Intentions
The first thing is to have a strong intention to be able to overcome this one game addiction problem, so that if we are already intent on something it will be much easier.
- Recognizing Triggers
For those who are already severely addicted, you can also identify the triggers first, you can do it yourself by finding ways to overcome internet addiction or gaming, so that once the triggers are known, it will be much easier to stop.
- Do Hobbies that are More Useful
Playing games can certainly also be a hobby for those who like this game, so they will find it difficult to find other hobbies that they really like. But you also need to know before you get addicted to games, of course there are other hobbies that are often done, now for that you can divert your addiction to this game with other hobbies that you can do.
• Reducing Expenditures for Playing Games
It is true that overcoming game addiction cannot be done quickly, because it requires steps that are indeed carried out. One of them is by reducing the budget or expenses for playing games. You should try to reduce or allocate a budget for purposes that are much more useful.