The videos section of Watch on Facebook is mainly to offer its users a space where they can view videos of varied content based on geolocation without any interruption, just by sliding the screen up.
In the same way, this section, by having the comments and reactions of the public open to each video, manages to encourage interaction between users in a non-direct way and thus increase visits to each of the videos uploaded to the platform by users. Apart from having a strategy up its sleeve, which is the monetization of the videos.
Next, we will show you each and every one of the details to activate the Watch videos function on your mobile device or computer along with other features of this new Facebook section.
- What are the necessary requirements to have the ‘Watch’ platform on the PC?
- On Android or iPhone
- What is the Watch section on the Facebook profile?
- Featured Images
- Featured videos
- Monetize videos with Watch
- What can be done if I don’t get the Watch videos section?
- Access page videos
What are the necessary requirements to have the ‘Watch’ platform on the PC?
Watch videos is a section of the Facebook Social Network , where its users can enjoy watching videos edited and published by other users within the same social network. Although this application is typical of Facebook, it is seen in different ways on mobile devices and on computers (where it can be seen).
Even if you enter the official Facebook page from a computer and log into your profile account, you have to make sure that the computer has a Windows 10 operating system . In this way you will be able to view the “Watch” videos by following the steps below.
- Go to the official Facebook page.
- Enter the email of your account in the user.
- Enter your login password.
- Click “Enter.”
- Press the menu iconat the top right of the menu.
- In the “Entertainment” section select “Watch.”
Upon entering this section, random videos suggested by the same Facebook page will immediately appear . You can react and comment on these videos in the same way that you comment on the current posts that you constantly see on your Facebook profile start.
You can react with “I like it”, “I love it”, “I care”, “It amuses me”, “it amazes me”, “it saddens me” or “it makes me angry”. You can also comment your opinions on the video in question and share it in other sections of Facebook , such as in your story or on your profile.
On Android or iPhone
On iPhone and Android mobile devices, it is easier to view Watch videos on Facebook, since you only need to have the latest update of the Facebook application, since most mobile devices support this section of Facebook and play it without problems.
To update or download the latest version of Facebook and enjoy Watch videos on your Android mobile or iPhone, follow the steps below.
- Enter your mobile application library, either the Play Store or the App Store.
- In the search bar at the top put “Facebook”.
- If the application is installed, instead of the option to “Download” or “Install”, the option to “Update” will appear.
- If not, if you do not have the Facebook application downloaded, you must select the option “Download” or “Install” and it will automatically install with the latest update.
What is the Watch section on the Facebook profile?
The Watch video section consists of a digital site within the Facebook Social Network platform that groups together all the videos that are uploaded to Facebook by group profiles and individual accounts .
The purpose of the Watch videos section on Facebook is that its users can enjoy all kinds of videos without interruptions from other publications, as it usually happens when they review from the beginning of Facebook.
By entering the videos section of Watch you can immediately view a video, react to it, comment and share on your profile, Facebook story, download it and even share it on other social networks or applications if you want, otherwise just Just swipe up to see the next video, and so on until you decide to stop.
In the videos section of Watch on Facebook you can only view videos, this is the purpose of said digital space, that users can enjoy videos without any interruption with the option of changing them to the next video just by sliding the screen up.
The featured images of Facebook can be found in your home when you log into your account. You also have the option to put featured images on your profile , in this way other users who review your profile will quickly find the images you have selected as featured images.
To view the featured images of a Facebook profile (as long as you have this other profile added as a friend) just search for the profile in question by placing the name in the search bar at the top and below the profile photo, below the profile information appears the “Featured” section where the owner of the profile selects images that they want to be more visible to other users. If you want to put featured images on your profile, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your profile with your username and your security password.
- If you are connected from a mobile device,click on the “Edit profile” option just below your profile photo.
- If you are connected from a computer, go to your profile and click on the “Edit profile” option.
- Select “Add” or “Add.”
- Select the photos you want to placein this special section.
- Press “Accept”.
Previously, when you uploaded a video to the social network Facebook, you had the option to select it as “Featured”. This option appeared at the bottom of each video, however, this way of doing it was changed in a Facebook update. If you want to highlight a video that you have uploaded, you can do it in the following way.
- Enter the page where you have uploaded the video.
- Select the video you want to highlight.
- Press the edit icon (a pencil and a sheet) below the video.
- Select the settings you want for the video in question, whether it is featured or removed from this section.
Monetize videos with Watch
Facebook has applied a strategy for its users on how to implement monetization , through the “Watch Videos” section of the same platform. Facebook plans to turn the “Watch” video section into a section the size of Netflix and YouTube by playing everything from short videos to full movies and at the same time monetizing them.
You must bear in mind that to upload and monetize videos you must comply with the following rules imposed by the same Facebook platform, knowing that this can only be achieved if you upload the content in question through a fan page or fanpage.
- Post videos of at least three (03) minutes.
- You must ensure that your videos have been played by at least thirty thousand (30,000) users in a period of at least two months.
- You must have a minimum of ten thousand (10,000) followers.
- Monetize authentic interaction.
- Comply with the payment policy.
- Being in a country that allows the monetization of Facebook videos.
- Create creative and original Facebook content .
Once you meet these requirements, you can monetize your videos through advertising , since 70% of ads on Facebook are completely reproduced through videos. Facebook pays Watch content creators 55% of advertising revenue. To start monetizing the videos on your Facebook fanpage, follow these steps.
- Enter Facebook and log into your Facebook profile by entering your username and password.
- Click on the menu icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on the ” Page” option .
- On the left side of the screen, put the name you want the page to have.
- Set the category of the page.
- Add a description of the page, this option is totally optional. Remember that the more attractive the profile looks and if your fanpage is verified, the more users will want to follow it.
- Decorate and give life to your page by placing profile image and information on it.
- Once the page is created, click at the top where it says “ Creator Studio”.
- On the left side of the screen select “Monetization”.
- Verify that you meet all the requirements.
- Make sure you comply with Facebook’s policy in this case.
- Add the information requested by Facebook.
- Press “Accept”.
What can be done if I don’t get the Watch videos section?
If you do not have access to the Watch videos section, you can still enjoy the videos published by other Facebook users, you just have to follow people to see their publications , the same happens with fanpages, you must follow them to see their content .
These contents will appear immediately when you log into your account, that is, they will appear at the beginning of Facebook just by logging into the application. Now you can enjoy all the varied content that is available, either from a fanpage or from a friend’s account profile.
Access page videos
To access the videos of the Facebook pages, you just have to log in to your account and in the search bar at the top of the screen put the name of the page you want to search and voila, you will be able to view not only the videos , but all the content that the page in question has uploaded to your account.