- The Start menu is one of the most useful components of Windows 10 because it allows us to quickly access installed applications and settings.
- If the Start menu is not working, the first steps you need to do are hide Cortana and disable Internet Explorer. Other solutions are explored in the article.
- Since the Start Menu is one of the most common items we interact with every day, a dedicated section of the Start Menu is available for solutions and other tips.
- Check out the Windows 10 Bug Hub for amazing articles on other topics related to the latest Microsoft OS.
The Start menu is one of the most useful components of Windows 10 because it allows us to quickly access installed applications and settings.
Many users reported Critical Error: Start menu message not working in Windows 10, and if you have the same problem, you may want to take a closer look at our solutions.
Problems with the Start menu can drastically affect your user experience. Speaking of issues, users reported the following issues with their Start menu:
- The start menu and Cortana don’t work : The start menu and Cortana are closely related in Windows 10. However, many users reported that both the start menu and Cortana are not working on their PC.
- The Start menu won’t open Windows 10 – In some cases, your Start menu won’t even open. This can be a big problem, but you should be able to solve it using one of our solutions.
- The Start Menu Won’t Go Away – Several users reported that their start menu won’t go away. According to users, they can open the Start menu, but cannot close it.
- Start Menu Randomly Opens Windows 10 – Users reported that Start Menu randomly opens on their PC. This is an annoying problem as the Start menu will interfere with other apps on your screen.
- Missing Start Menu Tiles, Missing Icons – Several users reported missing their tiles and icons from the start menu. This can be a problem, but you should be able to fix it with one of our solutions.
- Very slow Start Menu Windows 10 : In some cases, your Start Menu might work, but it will be quite slow. This can be a big problem and drastically affect your performance.
- Windows 10 Start Menu Flashing – Many users reported Start Menu Flashing on their Windows 10. This is an annoying problem, but you should be able to fix it with one of our solutions.
- Start menu has disappeared – This is a relatively rare problem, but few users reported that their start menu has disappeared. This is probably caused by file corruption, but can be easily fixed.
- How can I fix the start menu not working error?
- Solution 1: enter safe mode
- Solution 2 – Uninstall Dropbox / your antivirus software
How can I fix the start menu not working error?
Solution 1: enter safe mode
Critical error – Start menu not working can be quite troublesome, but users claim that this error can be fixed by entering Safe Mode. To enter safe mode, do the following:
- When Windows 10 starts, press Windows Key + L to sign out.
- Click the Power button in the lower right corner, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, and click Restart .
- Your computer should now restart to launch the options. Go to Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Settings . Click the Restart button .
- Once your computer restarts again, press F5 to access Safe Mode with Networking .
- Just by entering safe mode, your problem should be solved. All you have to do now is restart your computer.
If the problem persists, you may need to try some of our other solutions. If you are unable to complete them from your regular account, feel free to enter Safe Mode and follow the same steps.
Safe mode not working on Windows 10? Don’t panic, this guide will help you overcome startup problems.