Advertising on Facebook was once considered the Wild West of the advertising world.
Today, however, it has become the standard method of reaching your target audience.
It is also ideal for making quick money .
The fastest way to start earning money online is a good advertisement that brings the right potential customers to a well-converting sales process.
It does not matter which product or service you sell.
If you have any experience with Facebook advertising, you know that it is not that simple and that you need to get the hang of it before you actually start making a profit from it.
Not only do your ads need to grab attention, but the sales process where they lead needs to work well.
Once you’ve set up this sales process, you need to optimize your conversions so that you start earning more and more money .
But how do you start this? What should you pay attention to?
What is a good ad? And how can you make money advertising on Facebook?
HOW DO YOU CREATE YOUR MARKETING MESSAGE?
Everyone wants to make money advertising on Facebook. That much is clear.
But most people fail before they even start. They fail because they don’t create the right message. In other words, they don’t connect with their target audience.
You make a good connection with your target group by applying the following 3 points:
- The goal is to make a connection. For this you have to show empathy. Let your potential customers know you understand how they feel.
They need to feel that you really understand their pain and problem before they can believe that what you want to sell can solve their problem.
- The next step in crafting your marketing message is to tell them you’ve felt the same way.
You know how they feel because you have experienced this too. That feeling was the impetus to create the product or service to tackle the problem.
- The third step is to tell your potential customers about the solution you have found.
What has worked for you to solve the problem? Can you demonstrate that it has worked for others to solve the problem for them too if they used your solution.
Basically you want to say the following: “Hey, I know how you feel…I felt that way too…until I found out…”
That is it. That way you come across as empathetic and you create a real connection.
Good marketing is not when your ideal customer understands you.
No, good marketing is when your ideal customer feels understood by you. Then a real connection is created.
Remember that people rarely buy based on logic. People mainly buy based on emotion.
So the better you can create an emotional connection in your marketing communication, the greater the chance that you will sell a lot and therefore make a lot of money .
HOW DO YOU CREATE THE PERFECT FACEBOOK AD?
If you want to make money advertising on Facebook, you need to create good ads.
How do you create the perfect Facebook ad that many people click on?
This is clearly not only important for advertising on Facebook, but also on other online platforms such as Youtube, Instagram, LinkedIn, …
You need to pay attention to the following 3 things in order to design an ad that engages your target audience, grabs their attention so that they stop scrolling and click on your ad to be included in your sales process and eventually become a paying customer.
- The image of your ad should grab attentionso that someone will stop scrolling.
We are all so used to scrolling endlessly on social media platforms. We quickly scroll through our news feed and wait for something to pop up that grabs our attention. You need to make your image stand out.
So be original. Do not use a similar image as many others have already used.
- You have to make a People are looking for this. If you can’t make that emotional connection, you probably won’t be able to convert them into paying customers.
- Clearly indicate which action you want your visitor to perform. You should have a clear call-to-action, such as “get this free ebook by providing your name and email address”.
HOW DO YOU REACH YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE?
To advertise successfully on Facebook, your ad must reach the right target group. If your marketing message never reaches the right people, you’ve wasted your time.
How can you reach the right people in your target group?
To explain that, you need to understand the Pareto principle. The Pareto principle, also known as the 80/20 rule, states that 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts.
This principle is generally applicable.
80% of your turnover comes from 20% of your customers. 80% of your income comes from 20% of your work.
Why is this so important?
It means that when advertising on Facebook, you need to find the 20% of people who will generate 80% of your sales.
By limiting the target audience of your ads on Facebook, you can reach the right people.
You have to follow the following 3 steps:
- Ask yourself who your potential customers followon the internet and social media. It might be a market leader or guru? It is important to find this out properly.
- The next thing to ask yourself is where your potential customers often hang out.
Where do they go every day? What blogs or forums are they active on? Which magazines do they read? Which social media platforms do they use and which groups do they hang out in?
- The third step is to determine what your potential customers are spending money on.
What someone spends their money on is often an indication of where their heart and passion lie. For example, if they spend money in supermarkets that sell a lot of organic food products, they are likely to be conscious about their health and have more disposable income.
WHAT VALUABLE CONTENT ARE THEY GETTING?
What do you give to your visitors in exchange for subscribing to your mailing list?
In order to make money advertising on Facebook, you must always provide something of value.
What is that in your case? Is it a checklist? Or an ebook? Or maybe a physical book?
It should be something that can be consumed quickly (10 to 15 minutes approximately) and immediately yields something.
To make money on the internet there are basically two golden rules.
The first is that you should give away valuable content for free before trying to sell anything.
The second rule is that each step of your marketing process should be valuable in its own right. Every step. Not just a few of the steps. Every step of your sales process should deliver something valuable to your potential customer.
You have to ask yourself what you can give to your visitors that will really help them move forward.
There are 4 criteria that this must meet in order to be effective:
- It should be quick to consume. About 10 to 15 minutes, maybe even faster.
- It should inspire action and produce results. There is a difference between information and insight. Insightful content tells the reader what to do with the information to achieve a very specific result.
- The content must be targeted. Everyone is looking for a solution to something. Your gift should bring them closer to their goal.
If you provide them with a workable solution, they will associate the progress they are making with you. That means they will come to you even more and will be willing to pay to make even further progress.
- It should be simple. Everyone wants a simple solution.