Twitter is one of the most used social networks in the world, its users are super fans of the App and there are people who have used their account for a long time and continue to enjoy it as if it were the first time they used it.
This application has more than 330 million users and more and more people are registering to be part of this network. If what you want to do is be part of this incredible community, we can explain to you how to create an account on Twitter so that you do not miss the next tweets that everyone is about to send.
The application is mainly a great source of news, it is quite simple and easy to use, it works quite well and its concept in terms of showing the tweets of other users is quite original. But like any good application, even if it is very well executed, we can always find some errors or failures that do not allow us to enjoy the App as we want.
Why does “Twitter has stopped” appear on my Android when I log on to Twitter?
One of the most common errors that most users have reported is that when we open the application an ad appears with the following message “Unfortunately Twitter has stopped” and this can seem quite uncomfortable and annoying when we want to use the App Do not worry about this, it is not a bad thing and it has a fairly simple solution. Keep reading and we will explain how to solve this error.
When this message appears on our screen, the first thing that comes to mind is “my phone was damaged” or “my twitter was damaged” but this is not the case, nothing has been damaged, when this appears normally it is because the App cache . It sounds quite complicated, but it is actually very easy to solve this problem.
How to fix “Twitter has stopped”?
If your Twitter has stopped unexpectedly, do not worry, we will explain some very simple methods to solve the errors found in the application .
The first thing you should do when this happens is to exit the application and restart your mobile phone . This will solve not only the problem you have with opening Twitter, but all the problems that you previously had accumulated on your phone. This happens because when we have not restarted or turned off our phone for many days, processes tend to accumulate in the memory that end up saturating the RAM and CPU of our Smartphone.
So restart the phone to fix all your problems . You just have to hold down the power button for a few seconds and several options will appear, select “restart” and that’s it. Wait for the phone to turn on again and open the application again.
If the method of restarting the phone didn’t work, don’t worry, we have a second option to fix the error. When we use an application for a long time, some files, photos and garbage tend to accumulate, which make the phone slow. That is why we must be aware of constantly clearing the phone’s cache . This process will be quite simple if you follow step by step what we will explain below:
- First, you must enter settings.
- When we are here we will look for where it says “applications” or how it appears on your device, since the options are different in the models.
- In this section we look for the Twitter App, enter and we will be in “application information” and we will find the following options: application notifications, permission, storage, data use, battery and open by default.
- We click on “storage” since this option is the one that will solve the problem for us.
- When we enter, we will find “clear cache” and “clear data” first click on clear cache and when clearing the twitter data we will see the following message: Delete the application data? All data in this application will be permanently deleted. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases, etc.
- Selecting that option will not cause your account to be deleted, so you can take it easy. It will only leave the application as if you had downloaded it for the first time in the Play Store and that’s it!
Solution to “Twitter has stopped”
If none of the above options worked for you, the Twitter servers are most likely down . If so, the application will not open, wait for the App to work again and that’s it.