What’s new in the remaster of the second “Mafia”
Mafia 2: Definitive Edition is a remaster of the original game that was released on PS4, Xbox One and PC on May 19, 2020. Unfortunately, the reissue differs only slightly from the original – all improvements are cosmetic in nature. We will tell you more about them in this article.
In 2020, all three parts of the Mafia series came out as part of a trilogy . At the same time, the first part received a full-fledged remake , the third practically did not change, and the second was reissued in a remaster format. Its main advantage is the ability to play the game on modern consoles. But whether it is worth taking it to those who have already familiarized themselves with the history of Vito Scaletta is a big question.
The story of Vito and Joe’s adventures continued in the third part. True, in the triquel they played on the sidelines
Full list of differences between the reissue of Mafia 2 and the original
- Added high resolution textures.
- The faces of all the characters in the cut scenes have become more realistic.
- Added support for HDR technology.
- Improved lighting. The picture has become more contrasting.
- Increased draw range.
- The blur effect of the environment has disappeared. Thanks to it, the focus remained on the main characters, and the background was less clear.
- There has been an increase in the number of cars that drive the streets of Empire Bay.
- Improved the appearance of individual parts – hair on the heads of characters, grass and foliage on trees.
- Replaced the sounds of gunshots.
Also note that all the DLCs that came out to the second “Mafia” were added to the re-release.