We know well that it is not possible for everyone to work from home or refrain from traveling. We will tell you what you should do if you need to leave the house.
The best way to avoid the Corona virus is to never leave the house. This will not only reduce the chances of infection but also prevent the spread of germs. According to a study published in the journal Science, such a move could be more effective than restrictions on international travel.
However, the fact is that locking yourself in a home is not possible for everyone. The nature of employment for some people is that they have to travel to the office daily or travel on public transport. And sometimes there may be an emergency with no way to avoid air travel.
For those who have no choice but to get out of the house, the Karuna virus can be prevented. First of all, keep in mind some basic principles, such as avoiding touching your face and washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds. But there are many different ways to keep yourself safe.
Remember : don’t worry too much. Assistant Professor of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology at the University of Pittsburgh, Moses Turkle Bility, says, “Don’t put this disease on your head. Mental pressure can weaken your immune system. ”Make every effort to adopt good habits, but do not need to worry too much if you are mistaken.
What should public transport users take care of?
- Change your travel times: If you can’t use a car or hiking, avoid using public transportation during rush hour. According to Julie McMurry, assistant professor at Oregon State University’s College of Public Health (who also created the highly popular webpage Flatten the Curve), she used Covid-19 information on prevention. ) Just a few minutes of travel time can significantly reduce the chances of the virus spreading to buses and trains.
- Avoid touching anything while traveling: A recent studyhas revealed that the Corona virus can survive for three days on hard things. However, there is no evidence to what extent it can spread through such surfaces. Wear gloves to protect yourself, but take them off as soon as you get home.
What do you do when traveling on airplanes, buses, subways and trains?
- Keep an eye out for the Corona virus situation wherever you are going: Keepchecking the CDC’s website until you board the plane, bus, or train. Lin-Hwei Chen, president of the International Society of Travel Medicine and an associate professor at Harvard Medical School, says that “information is changing by mere hours,” affecting its viruses. Also look at your city statistics to estimate the probability of that happening. Avoid travel in the event of high risk.
- Maintain a six-foot distance from others: It may not be possible after boarding a bus or airplane, but try to avoid congestion while standing in line or buying coffee.
- Wear a mask for peace of mind: China says that it cannot be said with certainty that wearing a mask will reduce the risk of viruses, but there is no harm in wearing it. However, remember to avoid wearing your mask after wearing the mask, otherwise it will lose its purpose.
- When you reach your destination, do not bathe with hot water: Take warm water and soap before meeting other people and going to crowded places. According to the cat, “there is nothing better than soap and water to eliminate germs.” After washing different things, it is possible to have more protection than just washing the whole body instead of washing hands. Avoid re-wearing before washing clothes while traveling.
What should you do if you become ill?
- Stay at home: If you suffer from a disease other than the Corona virus, try not to leave the house. Fenyong Liu, a professor of virology at the University of California, Berkeley, says the Corona virus can be more dangerous for sick people. Healthy individuals should also exercise caution, as they may pose a risk to those with weak immune systems.
- Wear a mask: If it is necessary to leave the house, wear a mask to keep others safe. If a mask is not available, cover your mouth with a scarf or other kind of cloth so that others will not be disturbed by your coughing or sneezing. McMurray says, as much as possible, how to tie a mask or a cloth. However, she also says to refrain from collecting masks because more healthcare providers than we need them and if they do not have the masks available we will all be harmed.
- Instead of using public transport,call the ambulance: If you suspect that you have been infected with Corona, call an ambulance. Not only will public transport passengers be protected from infection, you will also be protected from other ailments.
What are the things to keep in mind when buying food?
- Delivery: If possible, order food instead of going out. This will make it less likely to spread infection through crowds in shops. Wait for the delivery rider to arrive before receiving the goods. This allows the delivery staff and their entire community to be sterilized.
- Stay away from other people in the shops: If there is no other way to go to the shop, try to stay away from the staff and other buyers.
- Disinfect your packages: Find ways to sterilize them after receiving the delivery or bringing the purchased item home. We need to make a habit of doing it now so that it can be easier to move forward, ”says Mike Murray. If you have an open and safe place outside your home, leave your luggage for several hours. At this time, experts don’t know how long the Corona virus can last, so the longer you can leave your stuff, the better for you. Wear gloves or tie a cloth on your hands before opening the luggage. After opening the luggage, throw the upper layer and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Washyour luggage well before storing it: Wash your luggage well with water and soap before opening your luggage. So far it has not been proven how the soap and water can affect the corona virus, but cats say that this strategy has been successful in the past for other viruses. Soap weakens the base of the virus and breaks its effect. If nothing is washed, rinse it thoroughly with soap and water or alcohol. The effects of the virus are extinguished by the evaporation of alcohol.
- Cook and Eat: According to Liu, the best way to sterilize vegetables and fruits is to cook them. If you do not want to cook them, at least wash them thoroughly before eating.
What should you keep in mind during exercise?
- Try to Exercise at Home: If you suffer from anxiety, not exercising can make your mental health worse. Avoid going to the gym and try to workout at home. Jams produce many types of germs, which can weaken your immune system. In addition, breathing in closed spaces can also cause the virus to spread. Wake up in the clear air outside, exercise in your room and use the machines minimally.
- Stay away from the crowd: If you can’t do exercise at home or in the park, go to a gym when it’s not too crowded. This can reduce the chances of spreading the disease.
- Do not use machines that need a lot of hand-holding: Minimize the use of machines that requirelonger hand-holding. Clean the machines thoroughly before using them and avoid touching your face with your hands during exercise.
- Don’t Exercise After Exercise: You should also take regular baths immediately after exercise, but you should take special care of it now. Do not let the infectious germs stay on your clothes and body too long.
What should you do after returning home?
- Do all your work together and avoid the crowds: Try to tackle all your work at once. According to McMurray, it will be beneficial to have less outside space and spend more time at home. Go to market when congestion is low. Cats recommend avoiding places where you do not know about the spread of the infection.
- Separate the clothes you wear athome: Change your clothes and shoes as soon as you get home and wash them as soon as possible. Wash clothes that cannot be washed repeatedly. McMurray says the move is more important for people living in high-risk areas.
- Set aside a place to sterilize your luggage: Cleanyour phone and your luggage at the designated place as you enter the house. Cell phones are difficult to sterilize, so put your phone in a plastic bag before leaving the house, and after returning home, wash the bag thoroughly with water or alcohol.
- Immediately after arriving home: Shower as soon as possible if possible. Babies tend to touch their faces more than adults, so do not rinse them with soap and water especially well. Lauren Combe, president of the National Association of School Nurses, says if you do not have time to wash your baby, at least wash your hands and mouth with them.
What should parents of young children do?
- Don’tExpose Your Troubles to Children: The Psychological Director of the Child-Mind Institute, Mark Reinecke, advises parents to provide children with age-appropriate facts. However, they also say that the whole situation needs to be taken into account. If your baby coughs, don’t worry and refrain from sitting in front of the TV for hours to hear news about the Crohn’s virus. Give your children a sense of security as much as possible.
- Set the example of good habits: Combs encourage parents to teach their children to cover their mouths with coughs and sneezes. Also, teach your children the song “Happy Birthday” and ask them to sing it twice while washing their hands.
- Keepkids connected with your friends: It doesn’t take long for children to feel lonely after school is closed. Take full advantage of technology to overcome their boredom and loneliness. Runic recommends kids connect with their friends through Facebook, online games or social media. Spend more time with your kids and take part in board games or other activities with them. Coombs says parents can sometimes allow their child’s friends to come home, but they should be careful not to over-assemble, have no children, and do not use each other’s dishes.