Between the Congregation Prayer and the Munfarid Prayer
Judging from the words, this congregation prayer is a prayer that is performed together (together). Whether it is just two or more people, the only way to do it is to be loved by one person and the other to be their partner. The municipal prayer is a prayer that is done alone
The Law of Performing Prayer Prayers
If there is a compulsory prayer there is also a sunnah, then the law of this congregational prayer is muakkad sunnah (a sunnah strongly recommended to do so). This is different from the Friday prayers where the law is obligatory for every man.
Prioritizing Praying Prayer
In terms of different quantities with municipal prayers . Certainly this congregational prayer has certain advantages, including in terms of merit as reported in a hadith:
Al Umar, the Prophet peace be upon him, said: «prayer prayer alfz Jemaah Afzal de bsb vshryn impudence »
From Ibn ‘Umar, the Messenger of Allah., Said: “Prayer is really more important Jama’ah ( afdhal ), of the prayer out of yourself. (like) one versus twenty-seven degrees ”(HR. Bukhari-Muslim)
Even in al-Qur’an surah an-Nisa ‘verse 102 also explained about the importance of prayer in congregation, even when in a state of war.
وَإِذَا كُنتَ فِيهِمۡ فَأَقَمۡتَ لَهُمُ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَ فَلۡتَقُمۡ طَآئِفَةٞ مِّنۡهُم مَّعَكَ وَلۡيَأۡخُذُوٓاْ ۡسۡلِحَتَهُمۡۖ
“And when ye are in the midst of them (your companions) and you intend to pray with them, then let a company of them stand with you and bear arms.”
Terms – Performing Prayer Prayers
In conducting this congregational prayer, of course there are several conditions. These conditions are further divided into three divisions. First, the Conditions of the congregational prayer itself, Second, the conditions as the Imam who leads the congregational prayer, and the third is the condition as the congregation (people who follow the Imam).
Terms – Congregational Prayer Terms
- There is an imam who leads the prayer
- There are people who follow the priest
- The rhetorical movement adapts to the priestly movement. Example: when a priest prostrates, the dead must also bow.
- Prayers are held in one place agreed upon between the priest and the public (wide and wide, to accommodate the congregation who will attend the prayer)
Conditions of a Priest in Congregational Prayers
When there is a group / troupe that will perform the prayer worship. First determine who will be the priest. Because a priest in a congregation prayer cannot be arbitrary. The requirement to be a priest in this congregation’s prayer is to meet at least the following criteria:
- That person knows about prayer. Well that is a rule, a condition, and anything that invalidates prayer.
- Having the ability to read the Qur’an well and properly is also fluent
- Healthy physically or spiritually
- Baligh or have reached the age limit
- Can do prayers. In the sense that the person knows and can fulfill the conditions for prayer.
If there is a group of men consisting of men and women, then the priest appointed is a man. Whereas if there is a group that is all female, then the priest can be male or female. As for the law of a man who is a woman, then he performs a prayer led by a man.
A woman may become a priest, when her family is a man who is not yet married (children). If the mother of the woman is a man of puberty or an adult, then the law of the congregation is invalid.
When all five of the above have been fulfilled, then choose someone among those who recite (memorize) the Koran well or if not choose the oldest, to become the imam of the congregational prayer.
Also present: Plural Prayer, Qasar Prayer and Qasar Plural Prayer
Terms – Conditions of Use
If a priest has certain conditions, so does the public. The terms of the affidavit are:
- He became rich in congregational prayers
- Follow the priestly movement. From takbiratul ihram to greetings
- If the priest is in front, then the general is behind him. So it looks congregational. Like when two people who are praying touches.
- There is still a place (ceremony) with the priest.
- Did not precede the priestly movement.
- Adapt your prayers to the priest’s prayers.
Procedures for Performing Congregational Prayers
The prayer of the congregation consisting of the priests and the monks has its own rules. From his priest, his matrimony, to the setting of a prayer prayer.
Procedure or Rules as a Priest
As a priest, the procedure to do is to:
1. After being appointed a priest. The priest turned around and saw the ranks of the shafts of the dead.
2. The priest ordered his advisor to straighten and close his prayer. This is exemplified by the Messenger of Allah. which is when to pray the congregation.
عَنْنَسِ بْنِ مَلِكٍ, قَال: قَالَ رُسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ « «
From Anas bin Malik ra.
- The priest ordered the assembly to fill the empty shafts, so that the shafts would be close to
4. Then it was all over. The priest began his prayer with the recitation takbiratul ihram. As well as saying the prayers with khusyu ‘, do not rush, nor too long.
Rules As a Resident
As a general following the priest. So, the procedures that need to be considered are:
- Meet the empty shrines
- Close and smooth (straighten) prayer rows.
- When the priest pronounces the order to assemble and arrangethe prayer of prayer as described above as a prayer, simply respond with: sami’naa wa atho’naa (we hear and we obey it)
- Following the priest’s movements, from takbir to greetings
- When praying with loud voices ( jahr), such as Shubuh, Maghrib and Isha prayers. And when the priest had finished reading his al-Fatihah’s letter, he was deduced to read the Aaamiin .
- If the priest forgets to reconcile his prayer, as the general public reminds him by reciting the prayer beads ‘ subhanallaah‘, while the general audience reminds him by clapping their hands.
- While in the middle of the prayer position, the priest forgets or misread the verses of the Qur’an, thus remembering the verse or reading it incorrectly.
- When the Imam’s prayer is canceled, then the nearest congregation replaces the Imam, by raising his voice (when prostration or sitting) or advancing from the ranks of the congregational prayer and occupying the position of the previous Imam.
Also consider: Practicing Asmaul Husna in Human Daily Life
Arranging Salat for Jamaat Prayers
This congregational prayer is certainly held in a clean, holy, spacious and large place. It could be in the field, in a mosque, or other places that qualify as a suitable place for prayer. How to set this shaf is as follows:
- If the congregation consists of only two men all. One is the priest and the other as a congregation, then the position of the congregation is parallel to the priest on his right, (with a slight drop of his leg). So if there are other people who want to join the prayer can know which is the Imam and which is the maximum
- If the congregation consists of two people, one male and one female. Then the woman who becomes a common position is behind a man. This also applies when there are more than one female congregation
- If the congregation is made up of three people and all men. Thus, one of the three men advanced to become his priest, and the other two stood close behind the priest to be his priest.
- Then if the congregation consists of many people, consisting of children (both male or female), as well as adults with many men and women. Then the way the settings are as follows:
- For the first row is filled by men who are adults
b. Then the second rows are filled by boys.
c. The next step is followed by the daughters
d. Followed by the last shaf occupied by adult women.
How to set this shaf as described in a hadith:
.. وَيَجْعَلُ الرِّجَالَ قُدَّامَ الْغِلْمَانِ وَالْغِلْمَانَ خَلْفَهُمْ
“And make adult male shafts be placed in front of male shafts, and adult women are placed behind female shaf” (HR. Ahmad)
The purpose of the hadith above is the virtue of shaf for adult men who are in front and women who are adults is behind, while children are in the middle of shaf for men and women. So that children can follow the readings of the priest and the general takbir, both when bowing down or when sitting down
Read with Sound ( Sirr ) and Hard ( Jahr )
In the five congregational prayers there are certainly times when a priest reads his prayer read slowly ( sirr ) or loudly ( jahr ). Then when is the reading done ??
The recitation of the plan ( sirr ) was performed by the priest while performing the Dzuhur and ‘Ashar prayers. Such as:
- Read the word prayer
- Read al-Fatihah’s letter or other letter or verse of the Qur’an
- Read prayers while bowing and bowing
- Reciting i’tidalprayer (standing from bowing)
- Read the prayer sitting between the two kneeling
- Read the beginning or end of the article or article
The recitation of the plan ( sirr ) is also done while praying Maghrib, Isha ‘and dawn prayers, Except the recitation of al-Fatihah and subsequent letters in the first and second paragraphs only, does not apply to the third and fourth paragraphs.
Then the hard recitation ( jahr ) that a priest should read is when he performs the Maghrib, Isha ‘and Dawn prayers together. If at the Dzuhur and ‘Ashar prayers al-Fatihah read aloud the plan ( sirr ). It is different from the prayers of Maghrib, Isha ‘, and Morning.
The hard reading ( jahr ) that must be done by a priest is as follows:
- Read the takbiratul ihram, (when to begin the prayer)
- Read al-Fatihah or the Qur’anic letters in the first and second verses in the prayers of Maghrib, Isha ‘and Shubuh
- Read the takbir when performing a bow ‘, bow, sit between two kneeling, and when standing up from the beginning of prayer or tasyahud.
- Reciting ” Sami’allaahu liman hamidah (u)“, when he rises from the bow
- Read greetings when finished completing prayer.
Thus, hopefully this understanding of the congregational prayers, starting from the meaning, virtue, conditions and ways to do it, we can learn and practice together in our daily lives, especially when carrying out the five daily prayers