Colorful friendship is a relationship between two friends with sexual intimacy but without commitment. Having a colorful friend is sexual immorality, which is a sin.
Colorful friendship proposes to be the solution for people who want to satisfy their carnal desires but without entering into a serious relationship. In colorful friendship:
- There is sexual intimacy– the two come together occasionally for the pleasure of the sexual relationship
- There is no compromise– colorful friends make no commitment to be together and each one can decide to have other sexual partners
Colorful friendship is based on 3 lies:
- It’s just friendship– physical intimacy creates a very strong emotional and spiritual connection, hard to break; it is not uncommon for at least one person to fall in love
- Commitment is bad– commitment strengthens the relationship; the problem is in selfishness and sin, not commitment
- It hasno consequences – there are always consequences ( Galatians 6: 7-8 ); in addition to the danger of becoming pregnant or contracting a serious illness, the emotional consequences are very serious; colorful friendship can cause a lot of suffering and ruin future relationships
Colorful friendship is not friendship. A friend does not use his friend without concern for his good ( Philippians 2: 3-4 ). Whoever wants to have a colorful friendship usually chooses a friend who is not very close, to make sure he doesn’t end up in a commitment and not to ruin a strong friendship! The colored friend becomes an object to be used, not a person created in the image and likeness of God, worthy of respect.
See also: is staying a sin?
The Christian must think about the good of others, not just his own interests. Inviting someone into a colorful friendship is inviting sin and could ruin their lives. In addition, the Bible warns us against sexual immorality ( 1 Corinthians 6: 18-20 ). The believer’s body is the temple of the Holy Spirit! We must not desecrate it.
Colorful friendship is not a way for the couple to get to know each other nor does it strengthen friendship. Sex without commitment distorts the image of the other and causes a lot of confusion. Colorful friendship complicates the relationship and almost always ends up ruining the friendship. Rather choose a healthy relationship, within God’s standard!