Asthma is a lung disease that causes difficulty in breathing. An asthma attack occurs when there is obstruction of air flow in the lungs.
Causes of Asthma
- air pollution
- Smoking and tobacco
- respiratory infection
- Genetics (genetic)
- Due to the weather
Symptoms of Asthma
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness or pain
- Persistent cold and cough
Home remedies for asthma –
- Mix equal amounts of ginger juice, pomegranate juice and honey. Drink one spoonful of this mixture two or three times a day.
- Lemon is rich in vitamin C which is helpful in treating asthma. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon in a glass of water and add sugar according to your taste and drink it.
- Amla is a good remedy for the treatment of asthma. Crush amla and add a little honey to it and consume it.
- Wash three dried figs and soak them in a cup of water overnight. In the morning, eat figs on an empty stomach and drink fig water.
- Mix half a teaspoon cinnamon powder in one teaspoon honey and drink it before bed at night. It helps to remove phlegm from the throat and it leads to good sleep.
- The anti inflammatory properties present in onions helps in the treatment of asthma. Onion can be eaten as a salad or cooked in vegetables.
- Mix equal amounts of olive oil and honey in a glass of warm milk. Add some garlic bud and eat before breakfast.
- Orange, papaya, blueberry and strawberry also help reduce asthma symptoms.
- Boil one spoon of celery in water and steam it. You can also drink it if you want.
- Include more fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.