In the medical world, we know several types of mental illness which of course have several stages of severity, one of which is about schizophrenia. This one disease is divided into several types, such as hebephrenic schizophrenia and catatonic schizophrenia. One type of psychological disorder can be experienced by anyone. Where this type of mental disorder will indeed greatly affect the function of the human brain, a person’s emotional level and even from his own behavior.
Schizophrenia disorder is usually characterized by several symptoms, and the symptoms shown can also include an emotional response, the sufferer himself also often very withdrawn himself from the outside world, not infrequently the sufferer will experience delusions and also hallucinations. There are several indicators that a person with schizophrenia can show, including:
- Schizophrenic sufferers will find it difficult to control their emotions, often even have a sense of indifference, have a face that is cold and also have a face that will rarely smile.
- Communication that is carried out will feel difficult and sometimes even irregularities occur, even the sufferer will be difficult to talk to and will not connect.
- Unable to focus on the things that are being discussed, it is not uncommon for a person to also find it difficult to feel happy and also sometimes it will be difficult to get along with their environmental psychology.
Schizophrenia often occurs between the ages of 15 and 35 years, for some of the symptoms shown by this type of disease also generally have in common with other types of mental disorders that often occur in a person. Because this type of disease is indeed distinguished by several types or types of schizophrenia , such as catatonic schizophrenia where this type of disease is usually characterized by some dramatic decline.
Where this will greatly affect a person’s activities, someone suffering from this type of disease will have difficulty moving and also have a response to their social environment. Even the posture and face of the sufferer will often look different and appear unusual. A person suffering from catatonic schizophrenia also often makes repetitive movements, besides that the person will continuously imitate the words spoken by other people.
Here are some of the common symptoms we will see in katanic schizophrenia:
- This person has flat emotions and also has a decrease in energy each day.
- Schizophrenic patients will begin to withdraw from their social environment, so it will be difficult to get along.
- A schizophrenic person will not care about the cleanliness that is in him, even he will find it difficult to enjoy the things that he could have liked.
- The way of speaking is chaotic, and often imitates the words of others
Schizophrenic patients must be properly treated, because if they are ignored they will experience undesirable things, such as starting to hurt themselves, hurting others and will also make the people around them become uncomfortable, for some definite treatment can be done including:
Treatment with prefrontal lobotomy, where what is meant here, the patient will be treated but this therapy can be done if the sufferer starts disturbing the people around them
2. Conducting psychotherapy and rehabilitation, for this type of therapy it will be more supportive and also carried out in groups, with this one therapy the patient will be given good guidance and socialization in the community
3. Pharmacological treatment, for This type of treatment is done with neroleptics, but it is preferable for the initial stage to be given a low dose, where the sufferer is given psychomotor therapy which is then carried out with a higher dose stage
4. Electro-convulatory therapy can also be given, where with this one therapy it can also make the symptoms of schizophrenia will be better controlled, even the sufferer will find it easier to socialize with other people
5. Insulin therapy, for this type of therapy can be given at the beginning of therapy, which will be easy to administer because it is an injection in schizophrenic patients.
Catatonic schizophrenia can occur for several reasons, although researchers cannot explain with certainty about the general causes that cause schizophrenia, but it can also be found things such as genetics, the presence of chemicals in the brain and also things that possible in the environment. Risk factors that may occur in someone who is affected by these symptoms can also be cured by reducing the symptoms that may occur. One of them is prevention or how to deal with this one disease.
How to Treat Catatonic Schizophrenia
- For the first way to deal with it, you can control the stress level in the patient or by eliminating excessive fear in the patient.
- Family members can also provide healthy food and adequate nutrition, so that they can reduce various symptoms that may become an over-attack of this type of mental illness.
- Do regular exercise every day, because regular exercise will make sufferers forget about the things that allow this schizophrenia trigger reaction to recur.
- A schizophrenic person is required to have adequate rest and have a regular sleep schedule.
- Avoid consuming types of food that can aggravate the situation and also cause this disorder to recur, including consuming alcohol, and also the abuse of illegal drugs or drugs.
The administration of drugs and other medications with the intention of overcoming catatonic schizophrenia will indeed reduce symptoms and worsen the condition of the sufferer, however in administering types of drugs such as lorazepam and also other types of drugs it is best done with the knowledge of the doctor concerned, because the doctor will do various other checks beforehand.
Types of examinations such as psychiatry, physical examination and also MRI and other examinations before being given appropriate treatment. Patients are also required to routinely undergo examination with a psychiatrist, because schizophrenia can not only be cured only by medical treatment and administration of drugs. There must be regular check-ups from a psychiatrist regarding the problem of psychological trauma that a patient is experiencing so that the disease can be cured completely.