Capillary fragility is a particularly widespread condition among men and women, whose importance is often neglected. There are many causes ranging from:
- Unbalanced lifestyle and inadequate nutrition without the necessary supplements for healthy fingers.
- Hormonal factors especially in women, including capillary fragility is more widespread.
- Genetic predisposition also influences in part.
The basis of capillary structure is collagen, the main protein that forms connective tissue in mammals, and 6% in human body weight. A possible lack of collagen can contribute to the collapse of the capillary.
- Nutrition against capillary fragility:
Nutrition is always the basis of natural remedies because it allows us to safeguard our health, a correct diet against capillary fragility is absolutely essential to promote the production of collagen . The following minerals, trace elements and vitamins are therefore essential for collagen synthesis:
- Zinc : oysters, red meat, liver, vegan dietary regimes could be deficient in zinc.
- Selenium : eggs, rice, barley, kamut, corn, Brazilian nuts and in general in whole grains.
- Silicon : among the medicinal plants the horse’s tail is very rich (10%), among the cereals the rye is the richest, followed by the millet and the barley, also the potatoes contain a good amount.
- Sulfur : the Brassicaceae in general are rich, therefore cabbages, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, bruxelle sprouts.
- Vitamin C and bioflavonoids : citrus fruits, kiwi, dog rose, buckwheat (a capillary protector very rich in rutin).
- Vitamin E : it is generally contained in cold-pressed vegetable oils, and therefore in all the seeds from which they are extracted, sunflower, almonds, walnuts, whole grains, wheat germ,
- Medicinal plants and botanical herbs useful for capillaries
There are numerous medicinal plants that perform an effective and protective action on the microcirculation (the set of blood vessels that do not exceed the size of 100micron and contribute to the very important trophic-metabolic exchanges.
- Vitis Vinifera : anti-edema action and protection on capillary microcirculation
- Horse Chestnut : Escin and bioflavonoids anti-edema and vasoconstrictor properties
- Gingko biloba : prevention of thrombosis and rebalancing of excessive capillary permeability, anti-radical.
- Witch hazel : phlebitis, varicose veins, capillary fragility, dilated capillaries, anti-hemorrhagic.
- Rusco: vasoprotector, anti-inflammatory
- Centella asiatica: phlebotonic and elasticizing action on the vessel walls, healing,
- Black blueberry : anti-edema action and protection on capillary microcirculation
- Cranberry : anti-edema action and protection on capillary microcirculation
- All plants on the market in the form of capsules, tablets, mother tinctures, and various associations.
- Capillary fragility what to do and what to avoid
The first thing to do for those who suffer from capillary fragility and is genetically predisposed to this disease is to absolutely avoid anything that can damage the capillaries as well as use the right supplements.
- Avoid thermal shocks (saunas, very hot water, hot waxing)
- Intense solar exposure and without filters.
- Violent traumas and bruises.
- Hormonal contraceptives that in certain cases are not infrequent can produce enormous damage to the microcirculation.
- Anticoagulant drugs, antiulcer (ranitidine), tricyclic antidepressants and many barbiturates
- Some antibiotics , always read the side effects.
- Obesity and therefore incorrect nutrition.
- Poor movement with consequent circulatory stasis.
- Standing for many hours without moving much (salesmen, assembly lines ..)
- Avoid alcohol in general, especially spirits. Red wine in moderate quantities is allowed.
- Keep fit to have healthy capillaries