Can the state terminate a father’s rights over his children?

Yes. Each State has an agency that protects the interests of the children. That agency may ask the court to suspend parental rights. In general, the State must demonstrate that the parent is not in a position and that the rupture of the relationship affects the best interests of the child. To find an “unfit” person, the State must usually demonstrate that the child is in danger of suffering some form of abuse, that the parent is unable to care for the child (usually due to mental disability or addiction to drugs) or that the child has been abandoned by the parent.

Talk to a lawyer qualified in Family Law today

This article is intended to be useful and informative, but legal issues can become complicated and stressful. A lawyer qualified in family law can attend to your particular legal needs, explain the law and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a qualified family law attorney near you to discuss your particular legal situation.


by Abdullah Sam
I’m a teacher, researcher and writer. I write about study subjects to improve the learning of college and university students. I write top Quality study notes Mostly, Tech, Games, Education, And Solutions/Tips and Tricks. I am a person who helps students to acquire knowledge, competence or virtue.

Leave a Comment