Are you having trouble getting more visitors to your website ?
This was also one of my biggest challenges in the beginning.
If you have created a beautiful website, but no one knows about it, then you are not going to make any money.
You need to find ways to get visitors to your website… visitors who are interested in the topic your website is about.
Visitors are the blood supply of your online business.
The different ways to get more visitors to your website can be divided into two broad categories:
- Free traffic
- Paid traffic
In this blog article I will list the advantages and disadvantages of both and I will explain a recommended plan of action.
The most important (and most talked about) method to get free visitors to your website is search engine optimization .
This will get you organic traffic from search engines like Google.
Be sure to read my extensive article with concrete tips to get to the top of Google with search engine optimization .
There are also other ways to get free visitors:
- Write comments on related forums and blogs
- Post updates on social media
- Guest blogging on other blogs in your niche
I’ve written an article in the past about the best strategies to get more traffic to your website .
In this article I want to give you a clear picture of the pros and cons of the two major categories so that you can take this into account when determining which strategies you will focus on.
The main benefits of free traffic are:
- It is free! It costs no money.
- Organic search traffic brings in interested visitors as they found your website through a search engine query.
- Free traffic is sustainable: you continue to receive visitors month after month, not just when you have an advertising campaign running.
- If you appear high in Google for certain search terms, it increases the credibility and reputation of your website.
The main drawbacks are:
- It does require some time and effort. You have to invest time before you will see real results.
- The search engines can suddenly change their website ranking algorithms. This can suddenly deteriorate the ranking of your website.
If you have a budget that you can spend to get more visitors to your website, there are the following options:
- Pay-per-click ads such as Facebook’s Ads, Google Adwords
- Banner advertising on related forums and blogs
- Paid Press Releases
With paid traffic you can get visitors to your website faster.
You pay to have your ad shown to your target audience. For example, immediately after your campaign goes live on Facebook, people can click on your ad and end up on your website.
The main benefits of paid traffic are:
- You can get more visitors to your website faster than with free traffic.
- It is possible to easily reach a very specific target audience with your ad.
- You can switch your campaigns on and off whenever you want.
The main drawback is that it can be costly if you don’t manage it properly.
In the end, you pay for both ways: to get free traffic, you have to invest time. You buy paid traffic with money.
PLAN OF APPROACH FOR MORE VISITORS ON YOUR WEBSITE
A mistake often made by budding internet entrepreneurs is that they don’t focus their efforts enough.
They try different ways to get more traffic at the same time, or jump from one method to another, but don’t focus on either method long enough to see real results.
You will see the best results if you choose one particular method and then really persevere until you have mastered it completely.
After that, you can choose another method to get more visitors to your website and fully focus on it again until you see results.
Important: whichever method you choose, it is important that you first make sure that you can convert the visitors to your website.
- You want your website visitors to subscribe to your mailing list.
- Then you can sell marketingproducts to them via email .
THE MAIN PILLAR
In my opinion, search engine optimization should be the most important pillar in your strategy to get more visitors to your website.
Well, because search engine optimization generates visitors from the search engines that are really interested in your website.
Think about it.
What do people do when they want information about a certain topic or are looking for a solution to a certain problem?
They google it! And they are most likely to click on one of the top pages in search results, so appearing high in Google is extremely important .
Also, when people want to buy a product, they search Google for reviews and experiences to make sure they buy the right product.
The conversion rate of a visitor who comes to your website through a specific search query can be very high if the content of your website provides a good answer to the visitor’s search.
It is also sustainable: month after month, more visitors will come to your website if you continue to focus on search engine optimization.
If you want to see faster results and your budget allows it, I recommend using Facebook Ads.
There is a learning curve involved, because you need to know what you are doing, but Facebook Ads is extremely powerful to target a specific audience and quickly see visitors appear on your website.
If you don’t have a budget for online advertising, I recommend being active in related forums or blogs.