Pistachio is very tasty to eat as well as very beneficial for our health. It contains vitamins, minerals, fat, fiber and protein. Pistachios have higher protein content than other nuts such as almonds, cashews, walnuts. The amount of fat in it is less than other nuts. Pistachio helps in the treatment of many diseases like diabetes, cancer, obesity, heart disease, eye disease and high blood pressure.
Benefits of Pistachio –
- Pistachio helps lower bad cholesterol levels (LDL) in the body and increase good cholesterol levels (HDL). It helps reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Pistachio is a good source of phosphorus, which helps control diabetes.
- Pistachios have low sodium levels and high potassium levels, which helps maintain blood pressure under control.
- Pistachios contain antioxidants called lutein and zaxanthin, which help promote eye health and prevent age-related macular degeneration.
- Vitamin B6 present in pistachios helps in boosting the body’s immune system and enhances the body’s ability to fight various infections.
- Pistachio helps relieve the problem of indigestion and improves digestion.
- It contains Vitamin E and Vitamin A, which reduces inflammation in the body.
- Pistachio is a good source of fiber, which helps in reducing weight.
- Vitamin E present in pistachios reduces the aging process of the skin and prevents skin diseases. Vitamin E is very essential for a healthy skin.
- The fatty acids present in pistachios help to enhance hair growth and eliminate hair problems.
- Pistachios contain many nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, fiber, phosphorus, potassium, thiamine, vitamin B6, beta-carotene, lutein and xanthine, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, vitamin C, niacin, Folate, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and Vitamin A are found.