Eating melon during summer is very beneficial. It removes water deficiency in our body and prevents heat related disorders during summer. It is found in plenty of vitamins and minerals. Melon helps in the treatment of cancer, heart disease, skin disease, eye disease, constipation, kidney disease and eczema.
Benefits of Melon –
- Melons are rich in Vitamin C which strengthens the immune system and helps in fighting infection.
- Potassium is found in abundance in melons which helps in controlling heart rate and blood pressure levels. It provides protection against stroke and coronary heart disease.
- Melon is low in calories and high in fiber which helps in losing weight.
- The fiber present in melons makes the digestive system strong and helps in relieving symptoms of constipation, acidity, indigestion and other stomach ailments.
- Melons are a good source of antioxidants that provide protection against many types of cancer. Melon intake is very good for preventing colon, prostate, breast, lung and pancreatic cancer.
- Melon contains abundant folate (folic acid) which prevents neural tube defects in infants of pregnant women.
- Vitamin A present in melons helps prevent cataracts and improve vision.
- Consuming melons helps women reduce heavy blood flow and clotting during menstruation. Vitamin C present in melons helps regulate blood flow and reduce cramps during menstruation in women.
- Regular intake of melons helps smokers to quit smoking.
- Eating melon seeds kills stomach worms. It is also helpful in treating cough, fever and indigestion.
- Regular intake of melons helps prevent urinary tract infections, ulcers, insomnia, muscle spasms, dermatitis, and the formation of kidney stones.