Jackfruit is sweet and delicious in eating as well as very nutritious. Raw jackfruit is used as a vegetable, as fritters and pickles. Jackfruit is a good source of minerals, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. Minerals like potassium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and iron are found in abundance. Jackfruit is used in the treatment of cancer, blood pressure, eye disease, constipation and asthma.
Benefits of jackfruit –
- Vitamin C present in jackfruit helps in strengthening the immune system. It is helpful in providing defense against viral and bacterial infections.
- Jackfruit is a good source of vitamin A, which is an important nutrient for eye health. It helps prevent eye problems such as macular degeneration and night blindness.
- Jackfruit is found in plenty of potassium which keeps blood pressure levels under control and helps reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Jackfruit is rich in carbohydrates or simple sugars such as fructose and sucrose which help in providing instant energy. It contains zero cholesterol.
- Jackfruit is a good source of antioxidants that help in protecting against cancer.
- The fiber present in jackfruit helps to overcome digestive problems and constipation.
- Iron found in jackfruit helps prevent anemia and increases blood circulation in the body.
- Jackfruit contains large amounts of magnesium that make bones strong and helps prevent bone-related disorders such as osteoporosis.
- Jackfruit is very beneficial for people suffering from asthma.
- The antioxidants present in jackfruit are good for skin health. It slows down the aging process and helps in the treatment of wrinkles.