Ginger is an herb. Ginger is used as a spice and as a medicine. It can be used fresh or dried, powdered or pickled or as juice or oil. Ginger is used to treat many diseases. Ginger is commonly used to treat diarrhea, colic, upset stomach, gas, morning sickness, nausea and vomiting after surgery.
Benefits of Ginger –
- Ginger is a very good source of antioxidants which helps in the treatment of cancer.
- You can increase your appetite by eating fresh ginger before meals.
- The analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties present in ginger are helpful in treating arthritis or joint pain and muscle pain.
- Ginger tea helps in reducing stress and anxiety.
- Women can get relief from menstrual pain by using ginger at the beginning of menstruation.
- Chewing ginger can provide relief from nausea and vomiting. According to the study, ginger can treat the stimulation of nausea after surgery.
- Ginger is used for the treatment of colds and flu.
- Ginger helps in reducing weight.
- Ginger helps in treating muscle pain caused by exercise.
- The antihistamine properties present in ginger helps in treating allergies.
- Ginger reduces cholesterol levels.
- Applying a thin paste of ginger on the forehead provides relief from migraine headaches.