Garlic is an herb. It is used as a spice to make food tastier. Garlic is used as a medicine to prevent or treat many dangerous diseases. Garlic has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-oxidant properties. Garlic is used to treat tumors, ulcers, snakebites, wounds, headaches, heart disease, cancer, pimples, measles and many more diseases.
Benefits of garlic –
- Garlic strengthens the immune system as well as helps to fight chest infections and coughs. In the winter months, garlic helps in boosting the immune system, eliminating colds and flu.
- Garlic has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that help control bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast and worm infections.
- Iodine is found in high amounts in garlic which helps in the treatment of hyperthyroidism.
- Garlic is used for the prevention of lung cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer and colon cancer.
- Garlic controls blood glucose levels in diabetes / diabetes patients.
- Garlic is helpful in treating skin infections such as ringworm and itching.
- Garlic helps in preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
- Garlic helps lower cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure.
- Garlic helps in reducing weight.
- Using garlic during pregnancy increases the weight of the unborn baby.
- The anti-inflammatory properties present in garlic provide protection against allergies in the body.