Fennel is used in mouth fresheners, toothpaste, sorbet, sweets and various dishes. It has many medicinal properties. Fennel contains many nutrients like sodium, calcium, potassium, manganese, iron, folate, vitamin C, fiber. Aniseed is used in the treatment of stomach problems, respiratory diseases, menstrual disorders, diarrhea, asthma, anemia, phlegm, cough and other diseases.
Benefits of fennel –
- Aniseed is extremely beneficial in the prevention of digestive problems such as indigestion, inflammation of the stomach and intestines, constipation, colic, stomach gas. Chewing a spoon of fennel seeds after eating food provides relief from abdominal pain and bloating.
- Fennel is a good source of potassium which helps reduce the risk of high blood pressure, heart attack or stroke. Vitamin C present in it prevents heart disease.
- Fennel is a great source of fiber which helps in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.
- The antioxidant properties present in fennel may reduce the risk of developing cancer.
- Fennel contains fiber which helps in reducing weight. Roast the fennel seeds and grind them. Take half a teaspoon of this powder twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Aniseed helps in relieving respiratory tract infections, coughs, colds and flu. If you have cough and sore throat, drink hot fennel tea two or three times a day.
- Fennel contains iron which helps in the treatment of anemia.
- Fennel acts as a mouth freshener. Chewing fennel seeds after eating food removes bad smell from the mouth.
- Fennel works as a normal brain booster. Potassium is found in it, which increases brain power.
- Fennel is helpful in removing eye problems and skin related problems.
- Fennel removes menstrual problems. It helps reduce painful menstrual symptoms.