Chia has become the darling of diets and an ally of those who want to lose weight without starving. Rich in fiber, it helps both by giving people who eat it a feeling of fullness and by improving bowel function.
Photo: (c) Can Stock Photo
When consuming 25 grams of this seed, the person is ingesting:
- 32% of magnesium required per day;
• 16% zinc that must be consumed daily;
• 15% of the calcium needed daily;
• 13% of iron;
• 13% vitamin B3 (niacin) that should be consumed daily;
• 12% of vitamin B1 (thiamine) required daily;
• 3% vitamin B2 (riboflavin) that a person needs daily.
It prevents and helps to control diabetes, prevents heart disease, regulates cholesterol , detoxifies the body , protects the brain, improves the skin, decreases cellulite, strengthens the immune system and is still a great source of iron. All this with the consumption of only 25 grams daily. (Seven chia shake recipes to keep you from getting sick)
33 ways to consume chia
There are several ways to consume this seed, but here are some tips, so you can vary in your day to day:
- Mix the chia seeds in the banana or apple juice.
- Put it in hot milk and use it to make porridge.
Use the chia instead of the egg when making cake. Mix 1/4 cup of water with a dessert spoon of chia seeds and add to the dough.
- Consume the seeds mixed in the yogurt.
- Mix the crushed seeds with flour, eggs and milk and make pancakes.
- Put the chia in the salad dressings.
- Mix the whole chia seeds in the fruit juices.
- Place in the middle of the pudding recipes.
- Put in the barbecue sauce and pass over meats before roasting. It looks very good!
- Make an omelet. Place the chia seeds in the beaten eggs and wait 10 minutes. Just take it to the fire.
- Mix in the flour to make bread.
- Add the whole chia seeds to a cake batter.
- Make a chias dough and milk. Cook over low heat and make cookies.
- Put chia on a salad.
- Beat chia with fruit and put as syrup in the ice cream.
- Place next to the rice when cooking.
Photo: (c) Can Stock Photo
- Use chia seeds whole or ground in different types of cookies.
- Make meatballs by mixing the ground chia with the meat.
- Mix the whole seeds with the granola and add this mixture to the yogurt.
- Put chia seeds that have been moistened with milk, into the mashed potatoes.
- Use chia sprouts in your daily salad.
- Mix in butter and eat with bread.
- Mix the whole seeds in jelly.
- Place it next to the cinnamon when making cookies.
- Use in pasta sauce or even pizza sauce.
- Use a stew broth to make pâté. Put the chia seeds in the broth and let it thicken. Serve with toast.
- Use chia in the most different savory fillings.
- Use the chia in the cake icing.
- Use chia in sweet fillings.
- Mix with the ground meat and put it in pie, pastry or savory filling.
- Eat it pure, it tastes nice.
- Beat milk, bananas and chia seeds, it’s delicious.
- Cook very ripe bananas to make sugar-free candy and mix chia when the candy is almost ready.
- Mix the crushed chia with the egg that passes over breads and savory, before taking it to the oven.
Use your creativity! You only need to eat 25 grams a day!
• Recipe for wholemeal bread with chia
This recipe is easy to make and very tasty. Separate 2 tablespoons of baking powder, 5 tablespoons of chia seed, 4 tablespoons of skimmed milk, ½ teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of wheat bran, 2 cups of tea at home filtered water and 3 cups of whole wheat flour.
Mix everything in a pan, but don’t knead too much. Leave it homogeneous only. Shape the loaves and arrange them in a greased pan with margarine and wheat flour. Place in a medium oven and leave for approximately 25 minutes or until you notice it is ready. It is delicious.