Celery has many medicinal properties. Thyme seeds, oil and flowers are used as medicine for various diseases. Celery is one of the important herbs for flavoring dishes. Celery is used in the treatment of many diseases such as abdominal pain, constipation, heart problems, cough, arthritis, toothache, earache, hiccups, headaches, and nausea.
Medicinal properties of celery –
- Celery is an effective remedy to improve digestion. Parsley is very beneficial for pregnant and lactating women. Digestion is improved by eating one tablespoon celery with jaggery.
- Celery is the best remedy to treat stomach gas, flatulence, constipation and indigestion.
- Celery helps relieve migraine headaches. Smelling smoke of celery or applying its paste in the head also provides relief from headache.
- Celery is a good remedy for the treatment of kidney stones. For the treatment of kidney stones, take a mixture of celery, honey and vinegar.
- Celery also helps prevent hiccups. In case of hiccups, take half a teaspoon of celery seed with a few sips of water.
- The anti-inflammatory properties present in celery helps relieve arthritis and joint pain. Applying celery seed oil on the affected area provides relief.
- Celery is very beneficial for earache. Roast the celery, garlic in the sesame oil till they become red and when cooled, put a few drops of the mixture in the ears. It provides relief from earache and boils in the ears.
- Celery helps relieve alcohol addiction.
- Thymol present in celery helps in relieving cough and asthma. Take celery with jaggery twice a day.
- Niacin and thymol present in celery helps in relieving cardiac problems.