Health Benefits of Banana With Real Facts are discussed here.Banana is one of the most popular fruits in the world: they are nutritious, contain fiber and antioxidants. However, many people have doubts about banana due to their high sugar content and carbohydrates.
Composition And Properties of Banana
When the banana is green, it is rich starch and sturdy starch. When it ripens, this starch turns into sugar. Therefore, more than 90% of the banana composition is carbohydrates, and it ends up having low levels of proteins and fats. The banana sugars – sucrose, fructose and glucose – when combined with their fiber, promote great energy to the body.
Banana is a fruit rich in fiber , potassium, vitamins C and vitamins B1, B2, B6, in addition to minerals such as magnesium , copper, manganese, calcium , iron and folic acid.
Banana also contains antioxidant compounds like dopamine and catechin. The banana contains tryptophan which acts in the production of serotonin, which helps to relax and maintain a good mood.
Green banana is rich in starch resistant, a type of indigestible carbohydrate. That’s why green banana biomass is so healthy: sturgeon starch is not digested in the stomach and is easily eliminated by the fecal cake with some of the digested fat and sugar. This starch favors the reduction of cholesterol and triglyceride levels by increasing the means of excretion and fat reduction. It also has a fiber-like effect because it causes the feeling of satiety more quickly and results in greater control of blood glucose.
Benefits of Banana
- Rich in potassium, perfect for lowering blood pressure.
- Rich in fiber, the inclusion of bananas in diets helps to normalize the intestinal transit, allowing to improve the problems of constipation without the use of laxatives.
- The banana calms the stomach and aids in digestion.
- Eating a banana between meals helps maintain adequate blood sugar levels, fighting fatigue.
- Rich in vitamin B, it calms the nervous system.
- Helps normalize heart rate. When we are stressed, the levels of potassium in the body are reduced. Banana, rich in this mineral, can help rebalance this potassium in the body.
- In addition to ensuring satiety for longer and giving insured hunger, banana helps to improve the sense of well-being.
Types of Banana
There is not one type that is much better nutritionally than the others. The nutritive value varies slightly for each species, but all bananas have similar characteristics. There is only one subtle difference in aroma, taste and texture.
- Banana-da-terra. Good for cooking, baking or frying.
- Silver banana. Ideal for preparing vitamins and eating in natura.
- Banana Apple. Excellent to eat in the natural and puree.
- Banana nanica. Suitable for making cakes.
- Banana-gold. It is the smallest and sweetest, good for sweetening cakes and vitamins.
How To Consume The banana In Order To Get Healthy Body
Options of how to consume the banana are not lacking, just have the creativity to use this fruit so versatile.
- For a snack between meals: Cut a sliced banana into a pot, add goji berry , nuts, and cocoa nibs . It becomes nutritious and satisfies hunger.
- You can also prepare a healthy banana cake without gluten. Check out the recipe here .
- Another option is a banana vitamin that can be a complete meal. Ingredients: A glass of coconut milk (may be other types like flaxseed, sesame , almonds), a banana, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder or cocoa nibs, a tablespoon of protein ( whey protein or other), a handful of dried fruit (can be raisin, black plum or date). If you prefer more sugar , put coconut sugar or molasses .
Beat everything in the blender and put ice. If you do not use coconut milk or almond milk (which already have their own fat), add a spoonful of coconut oil .