All the watermelons are the most preferred food during summer. It is not only delicious but also very nutritious. Watermelon contains 92% water and 8% sugar. It fulfills the lack of water in the body. Watermelon contains anti-oxidants. According to research, watermelon prevents heart disease, stomach cancer and diabetes.
Benefits of eating watermelon –
- Watermelon contains a lot of potassium, which controls blood pressure and cures heartbeat.
- Watermelon is an important source of lycopene. According to research, lycopene prevents cancer from occurring in our body.
- It contains beta carotene and vitamin C, which are capable of preventing heart disease, cancer, and other chronic diseases.
- Vitamin A and C are found in good amount in watermelon. Vitamin C makes our body immune system strong and vitamin A is very important for the health of our eyes.
- It is also very helpful in reducing weight.
- Drinking watermelon juice makes it easier to digest food. It enhances our digestive power.
- Rubbing a small piece of watermelon on the face makes the face glow.
- Watermelon helps in purifying your kidneys and bladder.
- Water should not be drunk for one hour after eating watermelon, as it can harm your body.