Litchi is very tasty and juicy in food as well as very beneficial for our health. Dried litchi has more nutrients than fresh litchi. Lychee is rich in nutrients, vitamins, proteins, minerals and fiber. Litchi is a good source of minerals like calcium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and manganese. Litchi helps in boosting the immune system, preventing cancer, improving digestion, strengthening bones, blood pressure, protecting the body against viruses, reducing weight and skin care.
Benefits of eating litchi –
- Litchi contains minerals like copper and potassium. The potassium present in litchi regulates heart rate and blood pressure levels and provides protection against stroke and coronary heart disease. Copper helps in the production of red blood cells.
- Lychees are a good source of vitamin C that help to boost the immune system and treat common diseases like cough, cold and flu.
- Iron present in litchi increases hemoglobin levels and prevents anemia.
- Litchi is rich in Vitamin C which provides protection against heart diseases. It helps in reducing bad cholesterol and increasing the level of good cholesterol in the blood and reduces the risk of heart attack.
- The fiber found in litchi increases digestion and eliminates constipation.
- Lychee has anti cancer properties which helps in fighting deadly and deadly diseases like cancer. It contains powerful compounds like flavones, Quercitin and kaemferol which helps in inhibiting the growth of cancer cells.
- Litchi is a good source of fiber which helps in reducing weight.
- Litchi can help reduce inflammation and pain and is helpful in treating asthma.
- The oligonol present in litchi protects your skin from the sun’s rays. It reduces premature aging and dark spots on the skin. Lychees help reduce the development of acne.
- Litchi should be consumed in limited quantities. Excessive lychee intake can sometimes unbalance the body’s nutrient levels and cause fever or sore throat. Diabetes patients should reduce their intake of litchi very much.