Bitter gourd is bitter in taste but it is very beneficial for our health. Bitter gourds are a good source of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Minerals such as iron, zinc, potassium, manganese and magnesium are found in abundance in bitter gourd. Bitter gourd is used for the treatment of diabetes, kidney stones, fever, psoriasis, ulcers, constipation, intestinal worms, wounds and skin infections.
Benefits of bitter gourd –
- Bitter gourd is very good for diabetics. It is helpful in lowering blood sugar levels for the treatment of diabetes.
- Bitter gourd is a very good source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is one of the powerful natural antioxidants that help prevent the growth of cancer cells and prevent many types of cancer.
- Bitter gourd contains very few calories which helps in losing weight.
- Bitter gourd is a good source of vitamin C which helps boost the immune system and fight against infection.
- Bitter gourd helps kill stomach worms.
- Bitter gourd is found in plenty of fiber which helps in easy digestion and helps in treating indigestion and constipation problems.
- Bitter gourd can help in the treatment of liver disease and kidney stones.
- Vitamin C present in bitter gourd helps in the treatment of respiratory problems like asthma, cold, cough.
- Bitter gourd contains beta carotene and vitamin A which may help reduce eye disorders such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Bitter gourd helps in controlling the blood flow, healing wounds and preventing any infection.
- The compound present in bitter gourd can be effective for treating AIDS or HIV infection.