Ambroxol ( Ambroxol ) or medicines that are commonly known in the trade name Temuco halide ( Mucolid ), Milliken Co. in Seoul yesterday ( Mucosolvan ), State Property of City Chase County Coffee ( Strepsils. chesty cough ) is a phlegm dissolving drug in both acute and chronic respiratory diseases that contain thick mucus. They can be purchased at pharmacies and are used in general nursing homes.
Example of ambrosol
Ambroxol(Generic name) with trade names such as Ambixol, Ambrocin (Ambrocin), Ambrolex (Ambrolex), Ambrolytic, Ambrolytic, Ambronc, Ambrotab, Ambrox, Ambroxan, Ambroxcan, Ambrosil (Ambroxyl), Ammed (Ammed), Ampromed (Ampromed), Amtuss (Amtuss), Amazol (Amazol), Amsol (Amxol), Boots Amp. Oxol (Boots ambroxol), Bro-am (Bro-am), Bromexol, Broncol, Brosol (Broxol), canbrosol ( Canbroxol), Kovsol (Cofxol), Dibrosol (Dybroxol), Fabrosol, Gabrosol (Gabroxol), J-brox (J-brox), M. – Brosil (M-broxil), Max, Maysovan, Medovan, Medovent (Movent), Mizovan. (Misovan), Movent, Muamlid, Mubroxol, Mucil, Muco patar, Muco Rox (Mucobrox),Mucobroxol, Mucodic, Mucolax, Mucolan, Mucolid, Mucolo, Mucolo Mucolyl, Mucomed, Mucon, Mucosolvan, Mucosolvan liquid, Mucosolvan PL ), Mucoxine F (Musocan), Mybroxol, Nucobrox (Nucobrox), Polibroxol, ROM. Bax (Rombax), Secritin (Secretin), Setovan, Simusol, Salvotran, Strepsils chesty cough), Streptuss AX (Sreptuss AX), Upcovan, Vesolvan, Vicovan, Zampect, etc.Mucosolvan liquid, Mucosolvan PL, Mucoxine F, Musocan, Mybroxol. Nucobrox , Salvotran, Strepsils chesty cough, Strepsils chesty cough, Sreptuss AX, Upcovan, Vesolvan ( Vesolvan), Vicovan (Vicovan), Zampect, etc.Mucosolvan liquid, Mucosolvan PL, Mucoxine F, Musocan, Mybroxol. Nucobrox , Salvotran, Strepsils chesty cough, Strepsils chesty cough, Sreptuss AX, Upcovan, Vesolvan ( Vesolvan), Vicovan (Vicovan), Zampect, etc.Vicovan, Zampect, etc.Vicovan, Zampect, etc.
Ambrosol dosage forms
- Tablets of 30 mg (containing ambroxol hydrochloride (30 mg / tablet) of ambroxol hydrochloride).
- Long acting capsules (Controlled release) dose 75 mg
- Water / Syrup 30 mg / 1 teaspoon (5 ml)
- 15 mg lozenge
- Injection dose 15 mg / 2 ml.
IMAGE SOURCE: www.greaterpharma.com
IMAGE SOURCE: www.zakkatai.com, www.mims.com
IMAGE SOURCE: www.terapeak.com, www.mims.com
Properties of the drug Ambroxol
- This drug is an expectorant and expectorant in acute and chronic respiratory diseases with thick mucus. (Make the airway open), such as dissolving phlegm of patients with emphysema. Pneumoconiosis (Pneumoconiosis) chronic and acute bronchitis, asthma, sinusitis, laryngitis. Acute bronchitis Symptoms begin to improve approximately 30 minutes after taking the drug, causing the mucus to become less viscous. And expelled more easily by coughing Eventually, the amount of sputum decreased. , , , 
- Helps relieve coughs due to throat irritation caused by thick and sticky mucus. 
- Helps treat acute sore throat caused by virus .
- Use before and after surgery To prevent respiratory complications 
- This medication may be used to treat another medical condition or condition, if in doubt ask your doctor or pharmacist .
Ambroxol Mechanism of Action
Ambroxol has the ability to dissolve phlegm. Helps the mucus to flow down This causes the thick and sticky mucus to be easily excreted in the trachea. As a result makes breathing easier Coughs and phlegm are noticeably reduced .
Before using ambroxol,
When prescribing all drugs, including ambroxol Here are some things to tell your doctor or pharmacist:
- A history of hypersensitivity to Ambroxol and a history of allergy to any other drug, including symptoms from an allergic reaction to the drug, such as extreme or tight nausea, difficulty breathing / shortness of breath, etc.
- Pre-existing or preexisting disease or ailments (e.g. liver disease, kidney disease, allergies, asthma, hives, etc.) and prescription or self-administered medications Including dietary supplements, vitamins, and various herbal drugs that are currently or are currently being used. Because ambrosol may exacerbate their symptoms. Or drug interactions with other drugs and / or other dietary supplements
- If it’s a lady Should report that there is a pregnancy Or are planning a pregnancy Or are breastfeeding This is because many drugs can pass through the placenta or milk and enter the baby, potentially causing adverse effects on the baby.
Contraindications / precautions for use of ambroxol
- Caution should be exercised in people allergic to this drug. And do not share drugs for other people to use Or using drugs that are expired or worn out
- Caution should be exercised in people with a history of gastritis.
- For pregnant women Ambroxol is classified as a B category, although it is considered safe, but it should be avoided in women who are pregnant in the first 3 months of pregnancy.If needed, consult your doctor first.
- Care should be taken when using water pills in children. Because this drug contains 2.70% v / v alcohol 
How to use Ambroxol
- For adults, take 30-120 mg of the drug per day, or 1-4 tablets per day (do not take more than 4 tablets per day), given 2-3 times a day. 
- For children under 2 years of age, 1⁄2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) of syrup is given twice a day.In children aged 2-5 years, 1⁄2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) of syrup is given three times a day in children. Over 5 years old: take 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of syrup 2-3 times a day, for children over 10 years: 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of syrup 3 times a day 
- For children aged 5-10 years, children take 1⁄2 tablet 3 times a day, while children over 10 years: take 1 tablet 3 times a day (or 1 capsule 1 time per day). Times in the form of long-acting drugs) , , 
- For lozenges, Strepsilchestekov (used to dissolve in the mouth With indications used to dissolve phlegm And relieve cough with phlegm) In adults, give 1 tablet a time, 2 tablets 3 times a day, in children aged 5-10 years, give 1 tablet 3 times a day.
Instructions for use of ambrosol
- Take this drug with or after food immediately with a little water. To prevent stomach and intestinal irritation
- For syrup Should use a measuring spoon, especially for taking medicine only. Do not use coffee spoons or tablespoons in a typical household.
- Drink warm water frequently to help dissolve phlegm and make it liquid and easy to expel.
- This medication should be taken strictly as directed on the drug label or as directed by your doctor. Do not use less or more of the medication than indicated. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Ambroxol has a different dosage. Depending on the age, severity, illness of the patient. Including the type of drug used orally Therefore, it is important for a doctor to diagnose and prescribe appropriate medication. Patients should not be able to buy medication by themselves without advice from a physician or pharmacist. (Especially the use of this drug in children)
- In long-term use The dose should be reduced to 2 times a day (for the 30 mg tablet) and drinking plenty of water .
How do i store ambroxol?
- Keep this medication in the original container it came in, tightly closed, and kept out of the reach of children and pets.
- This drug should be stored at room temperature. Keep the medicine out of sunlight. Do not expose to temperatures greater than 30 degrees Celsius (for example, in a car, near a window), and do not store the drug in wet or damp areas (for example, in the bathroom).
- Do not store the syrup in the refrigerator freezer.
- Discard any expired or worn medication.
When you forget to take ambroxol
In general, when you forget to take ambroxol. Immediately take the medicine when remembering But if it is close to the next meal You can skip taking the next pill straight away. Without increasing the dose twice or more than usual
Side effects of Ambroxol
- Common side effects of ambroxol use are nausea, vomiting, pain in the chest, abdominal discomfort, irritation of the stomach and intestines. (Usually, the side effects of this drug are rarely observed.)
- The most common side effects that should be reported to your doctor or pharmacist are allergic reactions (rash, itching, hives, difficulty swallowing or breathing), but when the drug is stopped, these symptoms will disappear.