If you want to make things a lot easier than just using Creation Mode, these are all Minecraft cheats you can use to get anything you want
Like many other games, Minecraft offers the ability to enter commands that activate cheats in certain versions of the game. In principle, these are available in all versions of the PC and mobile game but not in all console versions.
First of all, there are a number of things to keep in mind regarding console commands :
- The game asks you if you want to activate them when you go to create your world. Obviously, if you want to be able to use them at some point, you must select yes.
- If you create a world and use cheats, you will not be able to unlock achievements.
- Depending on the server you are playing on, the cheats may not be usable.
- Given the profound level of modification that the game has undergone since its launch, depending on the server you play on, it is possible that certain commands do not work, or that there are completely different ones.
How to enter commands
In this specific case and unlike other games, you don’t have to open a command console, just type the correct commands in the chat bar to make the cheat work. If you are playing on the desktop version , this is done by pressing the T key . The pocket version of the game has a specific button to start chat and display the window.
Keep in mind that the cheats are entered as you see them in the list, they all start with / . Remember to respect blank spaces, slashes, uppercase and lowercase. Just in case, for the most obtuse, the colon is not part of the trick.
We also add here the list of parameters. The parameters refer to different entities within the game world, such as enemies, other players, animals, and so on. Along with the command of a trick you can add a parameter, and there are the following shortcuts that translate into these actions:
- @p:the closest player.
- @r:a random player.
- @a:all players.
- @e:all entities.
- @s:the entity that executes the command.
Game Mode Cheats
- / gamemode 0:switch to Survival Mode
- / gamemode 1:switch to Creation Mode
- / gamemode 2:switch to Adventure Mode
- / gamemode 3:switch to Spectator Mode
Tricks to change the difficulty
- / difficulty peaceful:switch to Pacific mode
- / difficulty easy:switch to Easy mode
- / difficulty normal:switch to Normal mode
- / difficulty hard:switch to Hard mode
Tricks for the time of day
- / time set day:it becomes day
- / time set night:it gets dark
- / time set 18000: it‘s midnight
- / time set 12000:dusk
- / time set 6000: it‘s noon
- / time set 0:sunrise
- / gamerule doDaylightCycle false: timedoes not pass
- / time query gametime: goback to game time
Tricks to change the weather
- / weather clear:clear
- / weather rain: itrains
- / weather thunder: itrains and lightning strikes
- / gamerule doWeatherCycle false:keep current weather
- / enchant name character name enchantment level enchantment
The thing is a little more complicated in this case. To introduce this trick you must bear in mind the following:
- charactername is your name.
- enchantmentname is either the English name of the enchantment or its in-game ID. The game itself has a little “autocomplete” and if you type “fire_pr” for example, they will suggest you type “fire_protection”.
- level enchantment is a non-mandatory part of the cheat and sets the level of the enchantment that we are going to apply.
- So, for example, / enchant SaiSaEr fire_protection 3 would apply a level 3 fire protection enchantment to the SaiSaEr character.
Achieve any goal
- / give charactername objectname quantity
As with the previous case, you have to know a little about how this trick works. It is much easier than it seems, do not worry:
- charactername is your name.
- objectname is the name of what you want to add. With a minimum knowledge of English it is very easy to use. For example, diamond_block is a diamond block, iron_helmet is an iron helmet, diamond_pick is a diamond pickaxe … as in the previous case, the game has a small auto-complete function to help you while you type.
- item quantity is, logically, the number of times that item will appear in your inventory once you enter the cheat.
Summon characters and NPCs
- / summon name XYZ
- In this case, the command makes whatever we name appear, as long as it exists in the game. For example, skeleton makes a skeleton appear, pig a pig, horse a horse, spider a spider, creeper a creeper …
- The XYZ part is optional and sets the exact coordinates on the XYZ axis of the world. This part is completely optional, if you don’t put it in, whatever you summon will appear next to you.
There are two versions of the teleportation trick and they both work completely differently. Be very careful, because the first one in particular can be difficult to use and end with your death.
- / teleport charactername XYZ
In this case, charactername is your name and XYZ correspond to the coordinates on the XYZ axis of the world.
Keep in mind that if you appear too high you can end up killed by the fall.
- / teleport charactername ~ X ~ Y
- This second teleportation command is considerably easier to use, and teleportsyou in a horizontal plane , so there is no danger of falling from a great height. It is basically used to travel long distances.
- Keep in mind that you may appear inside a rock and have to chop to get out, or see yourself in a pile of lava if you do not know where you are going.
- charactername is, of course, your character’s name.
- ~ X corresponds to the movement you will make in the west / east direction. It is a number that corresponds to the number of blocks that you will move in the aforementioned direction. If you move west, the number has a – in front of it.
- ~ Y corresponds to the movement you will make in the north / south direction. It is a number that corresponds to the number of blocks that you will move in the aforementioned direction. If you move south, the number has a – in front of it.
- For example, / teleport SaiSaEr ~ -17 ~ 54 will make the character SaiSaEr move 17 blocks west and 54 blocks north.
Other tricks and miscellaneous commands
- / ability:grant, revoke or query a player’s ability.
- / advancement:give, delete or check the progress of the players.
- / attribute –Queries, adds, removes, or sets an entity attribute.
- / ban: bana player.
- / ban-ip:add an IP address to the banned list.
- / banlist:shows the banned list.
- / bossbar:create and modify bossbars.
- / camerashake:used to enable a camera shake effect.
- / classroommode:enables the editing of restricted blocks.
- / clear:removes items from the player’s inventory.
- / clone:copy blocks from one place to another.
- / code:is used to access the code connection.
- / collect:collect all objects within a block from the Agent in three dimensions.
- / createagent – Createan agent at the player’s current position.
- / data –Gets, merges, modifies, and removes data from block entities and NBT entities.
- / datapack:controls the loaded data packets.
- / debug –Start or stop a debugging session.
- / defaultgamemode –Sets the default game mode.
- / deop – Revokesa player’s operator status.
- / effect:add or remove status effects.
- / fill:fill a region with a specific block.
- / forceload:force chunks to load constantly or not.
- / function:executes a function.
- / immutableworld:allows to establish the immutability of a world.
- / kill playername: it isused to kill oneself or to kill another specific player. To kill yourself, you don’t have to add a name after “/ kill”.
- / loot –drops inventory items onto the floor.
- / msg:show a private message to other players.
- / op –Grants operator status to a player.
- / pardon:remove entries from the blacklist.
- / particle:create particles.
- / gamerule keepInventory true: itserves to keep all your inventory without losing absolutely anything after dying.
- / experience add:serves to add a quantity of experience to our player.
- / dropstore –drops all inventory items and stores them in a chest.
- / help CommandName:the game offers information about the command we want.
- / freeze: freezeall entities in the game.
- / instantplant:all plants grow instantly.
- / waterdamage:enable or disable water damage.
- / falldamage “:Activate or deactivate fall damage.
- / firedamage “:Activate or deactivate fire damage.
- / itemdamage:enable or disable wear on objects.
- / duplicate:copy and drop the object that we have in hand at that moment.
- / superheat:convert all objects to their molten form.
- / atlantis:the level of the seas and oceans rises very much.
- / ride –Converts the currently looking creature into a mounted creature.
- / instantmine:break all the blocks with a single hit with any tool.
- / seed:delivers the code corresponding to the seed of the world we are in.
- / raytracefog –Adjusts the ray tracing fog.
- / save:prepare a backup, check its status, or summarize it.
- / save-all:save the server to disk.
- / schedule:delays the execution of a function.
- / setmaxplayers:sets the maximum number of players allowed to enter.
- / spreadplayers:teleports entities to random places.
- / stopsound:stops a sound.
- / worldborder –Manage the edge of the world.
- / worldbuilder:enables restricted block editing.