To carry pregnancy in the best possible way in August, Intimina , a company that offers the first and only range dedicated to caring for aspects of female intimate health, has compiled a list of tips with which to deal with high temperatures.
To maintain all the energy and vitality in the summer season, it is advisable to follow these recommendations:
- Balanced and energizing diet. The most important thing at this stage is to cover all the needs of the baby and the mother with a healthy diet. However, it is preferable not to overeat to avoid heavy digestion. For this reason, we advise avoiding fatty, spicy or lightly seasoned foods . On the other hand, consuming products that contain iron, to prevent anemia, or folic acid, key to the development of the baby’s brain and spinal cord, is essential for a healthy pregnancy. The latter is found naturally in spinach, lentils, asparagus, or strawberries. Vitamin supplements, always prescribed by a doctor, can be of great help to avoid exhaustion in summer.
- Hydration. Drinking water and other liquids, such as juices, on a frequent basis, is essential to keep the body hydrated in times of high temperatures, as well as helping to cope with heat, eliminate toxins and avoid fluid retention. Also, the fruit is a very good option due to its high water content.
3. Rest . The heat lowers the tension a lot, so it is very likely to feel a great physical exhaustion. Sleeping as necessary, at least 8 hours a day, is recommended to face the next day with energy. If you’re having trouble falling asleep, exercise (without much effort) to get tired at night.
- Staying fit and having healthy lifestyle habitsduring pregnancy is important for both your well-being and that of the baby. The benefits of doing sports are many. In addition to increasing energy and vitality and mood, certain exercises can help alleviate the multiple symptoms associated with pregnancy, from back pain to stress.
For example, swimming or water aerobics are good options, while refreshing yourself. With the water supporting your body, you will not damage the joints as in high impact activities such as running. In addition, you will tone muscles and improve circulation. On the other hand, practicing yoga can have a relaxing effect, especially when it comes to breathing, relaxation and harmony with the body, all of them important factors on the way to childbirth.
Finally, although it is not an effort to release endorphins, performing Kegel exercises is a habit that should be acquired before and during pregnancy. This routine serves to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles that support the uterus, urethra, intestines, and anus. These organs can be damaged during pregnancy and childbirth and lead to incontinence. By improving circulation, they also help prevent hemorrhoids since women have more control of their muscles during labor. About six months after giving birth, you can continue practicing this routine with exercisers.
- Wear light clothing. Wearing comfortable, cool clothing will help you cope with the suffocating heat of August. Fabrics such as cotton, silk and linen in light colors are the most recommended, as long as they are not too tight. Very tight clothing can cause excessive sweating and possible infections in the skin folds.
- Take care of the skin. In addition to fresh clothing to avoid sweating, it is important to protect the skin from UV rays with a high protection factor. In addition, hydrating is essential for smooth and healthy skin.