Is there any scientific definition of love? Maybe not. But there is no end to scientists’ headaches about love. There is a lot of research going on about the ways in which love affects people’s lives. Needless to say, love has a huge effect on the human brain and body. How exactly does love affect the human body and brain? You will be surprised to know the effect of love on the human brain and body.
1) The brain is flooded with hormones Those who study the brain divide love into three stages. Desire, love and loyalty. The desire phase is the first, and it causes a flood of hormones in the body. The effects of adrenaline and norepinephrine increase the heart rate, causing the palms of the hands to sweat. In addition to this, dopamine makes you feel overwhelmed. It feels a lot like taking drugs.
2) Acting like a painkiller, this can happen even before you fall in love. Seeing an attractive face automatically reduces the pain. This feeling is also effective in the part of the brain where the painkillers like morphine work, thus reducing the pain in the body. And since there is more attraction towards the person you love, the effect of it reduces the pain of the body a lot.
3) Blood circulation in the brain is much higher There is a lot of blood supply between the “pleasure centers” of the brain when you fall in love. And this usually happens in the second stage of love “love”, when the two start thinking about prolonging the relationship with each other.
4) OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a condition in which a person becomes stubborn to do something. Even if he falls in love, it happens that the man who is in love does not see any flaw in his partner, he forgives all the faults. This happens in the first stage of love, when all the work of the partner starts to feel good.
5) Long-term affection by making hormones After loving someone for a long time, a feeling of loyalty and dependence is created among people. Then the brain does not feel as excited as before, but the release of two hormones called oxytocin and vasopressin in the brain creates a feeling of security and stability in the brain. As a result, people want to be permanent in life with that partner.