- This is how you can combine audio files
- 4 solutions to combine audio files on PC
- Method 1: Merge Audio Files with Command Prompt
- Method 2: Merge Audio Files with Audio Mix
- Method 3: Merge MP3s together with MP3 Merger
- Method 4: Merge Music Files with Audio Joiner
- Method 5: Merge Audio Files with Audacity
This is how you can combine audio files
Do you have a lot of separate music files saved in a Windows 10 folder? If so, it would be better to merge some of those files so that you can play multiple music tracks included in one file.
This way, you don’t have to manually select to play each song file separately in the media player. This is how you can merge your favorite music into one file in Windows 10.
4 solutions to combine audio files on PC
Method 1: Merge Audio Files with Command Prompt
- You can use the command prompt to combine separate audio files. To merge music with the indicator, right-click the Start button to open the Win + X menu.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin) to open the window shown below.
- Open the folder that includes the MP3 files you need to combine in the Command Prompt. You can do this by entering cd at the prompt followed by the folder path.
- Enter this command at the prompt: copy / b audio file1.mp3 + audio file2.mp3 audio file3.mp3. Of course, you will have to change the file names to match your actual audio files.
- Then press the OK key. This will combine the two MP3s in the copy / b command into a new output file.
Method 2: Merge Audio Files with Audio Mix
is a Windows tool designed for all digital music lovers looking for a quick and easy way to combine multiple songs.
Thanks to Audio Mix you can combine, divide and / or superimpose audio tracks with a single click. The combination of the songs is precise and professional thanks to the crossfade effect. Crossfade is a function that allows you to join songs so that they flow into each other seamlessly.
Audio Mix is not just a fusion of audio software. It has many other cool features like:
- Audio converter: convert mp3 files to ogg, wav, mp4, m4a and aac format
- Audio Splitter: split songs or cut unwanted parts from audio files.
- Audio editor: edit key, volume and speed of your audio files
- Audio Overlay – Layer two or more audio tracks (for example, voice and music)
- Audio Equalizer: you can improve the quality of your songs by modifying the audio equalizer (bass and treble)
- MP3 Voice Remover: Remove singer’s voice in music
- Video to Audio Converter: extract audio files from video (avi, mp4, wmv, mov, etc …)
Check now Audio Mix
Method 3: Merge MP3s together with MP3 Merger
MP3 Merger is free software that merges one or more MP3 files. It is a simple utility for merging sound files that also allows users to edit track data and configure CUE sheets for MP3. You can combine music files together with MP3 Merger as follows.
- Click Download Now on this web page to save MP3 Merger to a folder.
- Then you can open MP3 Merger from the folder you saved it to.
- Click Add Files to open the Select Files to Merge window shown directly below.
- Then select two or more files to join by holding down the Ctrl key and press the Open button .
- You can set the default directory for the output file by clicking the … button . next to the Output file name text box.
- To configure a CUE sheet for the output file, click Settings and select Create CUE Sheet for the output file option .
- Then click the Merge Files button .
- A Warning dialog box opens. Press the Yes button in that dialog window to confirm.
- Once you have merged the files, close MP3 Joiner and open a media player.
- Select this option to play the new output file that includes the two MP3s you merged.
If your audio files are not MP3, your best option is to convert them to that format and then merge them with MP3 Merger. You can convert numerous audio files to MP3 on this website . Press the Choose Files button to select the source files, and then click Start Conversion to convert them. You can also check the audio conversion software in this post.
Method 4: Merge Music Files with Audio Joiner
Alternatively, you can merge music with the Audio Joiner web application. This application combines MP3, M4A and WAV files. This is how you can combine sound files with Audio Joiner.
- Open the Audio Joiner web application in your browser.
- Click the Add Tracks button to select the music files you want to merge. The web application displays the selected tracks as in the snapshot below.
- You can adjust the playing order of the tracks by clicking the up or down arrows.
- The blue track sliders set the playback interval when one track stops and the other starts playing. This allows you to trim part of a song by dragging the blue slider from the far right of a tack.
- Audio Joiner also includes Crossfade and Fade-out transition effect buttons to the right of the tracks. You can click these buttons to turn their effects on or off.
- Click the Merge button to merge the selected tracks. Please note that it takes time for the application to merge the files.
- Click Download to save the output audio file to a folder.
Method 5: Merge Audio Files with Audacity
Audacity is one of the best sound editing programs for Windows 10. You can also combine separate audio files with Audacity by layering two alternative music tracks. Follow the steps below to combine music tracks with that software.
- Click Download Audacity on this web page , select Audacity for Windows, and click Audacity 2.3.0 Installer to save the software setup wizard to a folder. You can then add the software to Windows with the installer.
- Open the Audacity software window.
- Open the first audio file by clicking File > Open .
- Click Import Audio on the Project menu to open the second audio file in Audacity. You should now see two waveforms for the selected audio files in Audacity.
- Press the Time Shift Tool button (with double arrows) to open the Time Shift tool.
- Next, position the Time Shift tool cursor at the beginning (far left) of the second audio track that you want the file to play.
- Click and drag the Time Shift tool cursor to the right until you reach the end of the waveform for the first track. Therefore, the waveform of the second track should start where the waveform of the first track ends.
- Click File and select Export as WAV to export the merged music file.
So you can combine audio files with Command Prompt, Audacity, MP3 Merger software, and Audio Joiner web application.
Merge MP3, MP3 Toolkit and Free MP3 Cutter Joiner are three other software tools with which you can join sound files. By merging audio files, you can bring your music collection together