The Possessive adjectives are those adjectives that serve to transmit ownership or possession of something. For example: my, yours, your .
Within the possessive adjectives we can identify two groups, depending on whether they are located before or after the noun , and they are the following:
- In front of the noun . Always agree in number with the noun ( your shirt / your shirts ) and agree in gender only in the first and second person plural ( our house / our home, your space / your idea )
- Behind the noun . They are actually possessive pronouns . They always agree in gender and number with the noun ( the pencil is mine / the bags are yours / the car is ours ).
- See also: Possessive determinants
Examples of possessive adjectives
Examples of sentences with possessive adjectives
Below is a list of possessive pronouns, as an example:
- My guitar is a little out of tune.
- I ask you to protect my belongings throughout the show.
- This dog is mine , thank you for returning it.
- I prefer not to ask for money and spend only mine .
- Everyone in the photo is my cousin .
- The two lawyers who appeared on TV were students of mine .
- Your clothes are already ironed and folded on your bed.
- You always lose your things.
- Stay out of it, this matter is not your problem .
- My computer is not working well, we better work on yours .
- My kids will be coming on the trip, so they can make friends with yours .
- The songs that I liked the most about the recital were yours .
- His birthday present was a success.
- I am very interested in their reflections, they always provide an interesting look.
- Those guys are taking something that isn’t theirs .
- She has nothing to do with it, the incident was not her responsibility .
- We know that all the missing materials were yours .
- They were able to solve only the tasks that were theirs .
- The architect of ours is very famous.
- Our cards are used for many games.
- Our dog are at the vet.
- First we will have to define our objectives.
- Your work is excellent.
- I really like your culture, especially gastronomy.
- Your interests coincide with those of the company.