Annually since the long haul of January until April in Bangkok and its suburbs Including large cities such as Chiang Mai will be covered with pollution, dust, PM 2.5 or very small dust, 1 in 25 of the hair is so small that can inhale into the lungs and penetrate the lungs wall into the bloodstream to spread to different parts Throughout the body and induce free radicals and inflammation in the body Increase the risk of allergies Chronic asthma Conjunctivitis, lung cancer, including cardiovascular disease
If we get PM 2.5 dust containing these tiny particles for a long time, it will affect various organs in the body as follows
- Respiratory system Which will stimulate the lung cells to create free radicals that are irritating and cause inflammation of the respiratory system Resulting in decreased lung function Air exchange is therefore done less. Resulting in short breathing Heart work harder, coughs, chronic cough, sputum, difficulty breathing, can also cause respiratory tract infections more easily. Especially in people with respiratory problems such as asthma, emphysema Will have a more special effect Which, if exposed to dust, these small particles for a long time, may cause cancer following
- Cardiovascular system Particle particles cause the blood pressure levels to rise. Increased levels of fats, bad cholesterol in the blood. LDL-Cholesterol And triglyceride fat (Triglyceride) and reduce the level of good cholesterol in the blood. HDL-Cholesterol Causes to stimulate coronary heart disease Which is the leading cause of death and more than death from other respiratory diseases, death may be caused by heart attack and acute heart attack. Hemorrhagic stroke Arrhythmia There is also a study found that Exposure to dust leads to increased blood sugar levels. Resulting in obesity and affecting the metabolism in the body
In addition, in pregnant women These particles can enter the bloodstream via the placenta. Resulting in the birth of a baby weighing less than normal And can affect the baby’s brain development Research has shown that children in areas of dust distribution have an increased absence rate. It also increases the risk of developing lung disorders, asthma and may be the cause of cancer in children. As well as affecting the growth and immunity of children at risk of dust distribution as well.
IMAGE SOURCE: 123RF
Anti-Dust Food PM 2.5
How to prevent toxic dust PM 2.5 In addition to being inside the house and using air filters as a helper Wear a dust mask, such as N 95, when it is necessary to go out. And refrain from exercising outdoors as is already known And still have research studies to find that Some nutrients may have the ability to resist the toxic effects of PM 2.5 dust as well, including …
- Omega-3 in fish oilhas anti-inflammatory effect. Helps prevent infection Anticoagulant Resulting in reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease In addition, Omega-3 Also helps reduce skin irritation And helps strengthen the cell walls in the body, therefore may contribute to health care from the effects of toxic dust as well
- According to a study conducted by 65 university students in Shanghai, eating 2.5 grams of fish oil per day for 5 consecutive months, it was found that PM 2.5 dust had very little effect on changes in health conditions, such as Blood inflammation, Endothelial function, Blood coagulation (Coagulation) and oxidative stress (Oxidative stress) compared to those who do not eat fish oil. What it means is that omega-3s in fish oil can help stimulate the body to fight PM 2.5 dust in the air.
- Research in adults and elderly people in areas with high PM 2.5 dust and receiving approximately 2 grams of omega-3 per day can help reduce the effects of PM 2.5 dust.
Foods that are high in omega-3s : salmon, sardines, tuna, mackerel, anchovies, cod, herring, etc., and can also be found in sea shrimp, sea crabs, and vegetables. Spinach, soy beans, almonds, edamame, walnuts, oats, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed, canola oil, avocado and dairy products
IMAGE SOURCE: 123RF
For Omega-3 consumption From food up to 2,000 milligrams a day would be difficult. Therefore, eating fish oil as a dietary supplement is the easiest option. Which is the brand of fish oil, the result is not much different Because the formula and the amount of important substances are all similar, or if you don’t know which brand to buy fish oil, you can find more details in the article ” Top 10 Popular Fish Oils & Real Use Reviews! (2020) ” Yes, because we have already ranked By measuring the reliability of the brand, the characteristics of the packaging bottle, the quality of the raw materials and the amount of important substances, the smell of fish oil And value for money which ranked by 1-10 as follows
- MEGA We care FISH OIL 1000 mg
- VISTRA SALMON FISH OIL 1000 mg
- BEWEL SALMON FISH OIL 1000 mg
- BLACKMORES FISH OIL 1000
- NUTRAKAL Salmon Oil Fish Omega 3
- NUTRI MASTER FISH OIL 1000 mg.
- HOF FISH OIL 1000 MG.
- Giffarine FISH OIL 1000
- watsons FISH OIL 1000 MG
- AMSEL Fish Oil 1,000 mg.
Top 10 reviews of fish oil by Medthai.
- Sulfurphen (Sulforaphane)found in broccoli and cruciferous vegetables is a substance that helps strengthen the immune system. Due to the high PM2.5 dust, many of these toxins enter the body, respiratory tract and cause an inflammatory reaction. (Inflammatory response) Therefore, receiving this substance on a regular basis is equal to the immune system to a certain extent. In addition, sulfurphen is a substance that helps the liver and mucous membranes break down toxins. Carcinogenic And irritants The research of John Hopkins University in China found that Drinking broccoli will increase the rate of detoxification through the urine.
Foods that are high in sulfurafen: broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, kale, Chinese Cantonese vegetables, kale, watercress, rocket salad , Beets (Broccoli vegetables must not undergo cooking for too long Because it will reduce the amount of Sulfurafen
IMAGE SOURCE: 123RF
- N-acetylcysteine (NAC)is a substance that dissolves phlegm and helps to expel phlegm from the bronchi and lungs more. In addition, NAC also has the effect of eliminating toxins and free radicals that occur within the body (such as due to Waste from cell metabolism) and outside the body (such as pollution from the air, dust, smoke, inflammation, etc.) by acting directly by turning toxins and free radicals into water. The indirect effect is the precursor of glutathione that has the effect of eliminating free radicals in the body.
Foods with amino acids, cystine: chicken breast, pork chop, beef steak, tuna, beans, low-fat yogurt, sunflower seeds, lentils, oatmeal, Swiss cheese.
- Vitamin A and beta-carotene (Beta-carotene)plays a role in increasing the immune system to be strong. Therefore helps to enhance lung function better In addition, vitamin A also helps to reduce inflammation and reduce free radicals of cells in the body. In which various particles stimulate inflammation in the tissues of the respiratory system And reduce the occurrence of free radicals that can damage cells
Foods that are high in vitamin A : fruits and vegetables that are orange, yellow, and red, such as pumpkin, tomatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, papaya, mango, corn, red bell peppers, red oak, dark green leafy vegetables such as morning glory, kale, spinach Lettuce, spinach, water cress, gourd, top, Chaom, broccoli, liang leaves, including milk and dairy products, butter, liver, eggs
IMAGE SOURCE: 123RF
- Vitamin C and Vitamin E,Vitamin C is an important antioxidant in the body. Helps strengthen the immune system And helps reduce inflammation and protects cells from damage As for vitamin E, it is also an excellent antioxidant. Which has the property to help slow down the deterioration of cells and protect the lungs from pollution. By the related research, found that …
- Taking 1,000 milligrams of vitamin C supplements a day may help to reduce levels of free radicals in people living in areas with air pollution.
- Research by Isabelle Romieu from the Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica confirms that consuming more vitamin C and vitamin E than daily needs. Able to help alleviate the effects of air pollution, especially among young children
- Research on young children living in Mexico Found that symptoms of asthma due to exposure to ozone at high concentrations can be alleviated by eating vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Vitamin C in tomatoes helps to prevent and relieve asthma (Journal of Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine).
- Research from King’s College University found that vitamin E helps to detoxify the lungs. And can reduce the rate of asthma as well
Foods high in vitamin C : berries and citrus fruits such as Makhom, Guava, Kiwi, Strawberry, Orange, Grape, Pineapple, Lychee, Tomato, Ripe Papaya, Triphala including green leafy vegetables. Various cabbage, broccoli, bell pepper
IMAGE SOURCE: 123RF
Foods high in vitamin E : nuts and whole grains, such as sunflower seeds, almonds, hazelnuts, tomatoes, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, avocados, kiwi, mangoes, canola oil. , Palm oil, olive oil, wheat germ, peanut butter, as well as some green leafy vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, spinach
IMAGE SOURCE: 123RF
- Vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and folic acid or folate Exposure and exposure to small PM 2.5 dust can affect coronary artery disease with high blood homocysteine. But receiving these B vitamins will help the substance homocysteine in the blood to be reduced.
Foods that are high in vitamin B6 : chicken breast, lean beef, pork, tuna, avocado, bananas, sunflower seeds, pistachios, dried prunes, sesame seeds, potatoes, and vegetables. Spinach, milk, egg yolks, brown rice, wheat germ, rice bran
Foods high in vitamin B12 : oysters, cow liver, beef, lamb, mackerel, tuna, crabs, sardines, salmon, cheese, fresh milk, eggs, soy products, cereal cereals
Foods that are high in folic acid / folate : broccoli, kale, spinach, gourd, lettuce, bean sprouts, avocados, tomatoes, cantaloupe, eggs, sunflower seeds, beans Red, durian, orange, grape, pineapple, papaya, guava
- Vitamin Dhelps control the severity of asthma. Is involved in increasing immunity and helping to reduce the risk of lung cancer In general, vitamin D can be synthesized by the body by sunlight. But during the period of dust distribution should be avoided in the open By eating vitamin D supplements from food replacement.
Foods high in vitamin D : salmon, sardines, mackerel, trout, cod liver oil, canned tuna, oysters, milk, egg yolks, margarine, cereals, breads
- Turmeric, anherb with anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting effects. Good for lung function The study found that Turmeric has a protective effect on the heart, blood vessels and lungs. Eat as normal as 2 capsules after meals 2-3 times a day.
- Makhampomherb with polyphenols (Pholyphenols) has high properties as a dissolving phlegm, voice tonic, helps to cure cough, wheezing, treat bronchitis. And is good against free radicals It is found that if boiled and drunk, it helps to prevent inflammation cells. Helps the work of blood vessels to be flexible, circulating. In addition, research has found that Eating Makhampom can also help reduce the effects of sulfur dioxide gas, the source of PM 2.5 dust.
- Juedherbs notable detoxifying poisonous reduce allergies and antioxidants. The study found that Rang can protect the organ from heavy metal poisoning. In which PM 2.5 dust contains these substances
- Herb of white flowers,herbs that are easy to find and safe. Currently being included in the national drug list Although no direct effect on PM 2.5 has been studied, it can be applied to the current toxic dust situation. Because there is an original research stating that The extract of 10.09% white flower grass has anti-inflammatory effect in rats receiving nicotine for more than 6 months. It is found to help restore the pathology of the lungs to normal. There are also studies that help reduce carbon monoxide accumulation in the lungs. And can reduce the spread of lung cancer cells as well This should be useful in situations that we cannot avoid from PM 2.5.
IMAGE SOURCE: 123RF
- Andrographis Paniculata, anherb that is remarkable for enhancing protection Has anti-inflammatory effect Especially in the respiratory system From clinical research studies It is found that Fah Talai bandit can prevent and treat colds, mild sinusitis, bronchitis, throat inflammation and tonsillitis. Which corresponds to the symptoms that occur after exposure to acute dust accumulation
Although the research data on nutrients and dust PM 2.5 is still not much. But it is enough information to show that the various nutrients above can help to promote a healthy body. Direct or indirect Especially the respiratory system Immune system And the body’s toxin removal system And at least these nutrients are useful and have a free gift as a shield to reduce the effects of PM 2.5 dust pollution that we have to face for many years to come.