Personality adjectives are those adjectives that provide data about the personality of the subject they describe. They are used in subjective or objective descriptions that seek to convey the qualities, emotions, morals or behavior of a person. For example: demanding, thoughtful, introverted.
Personality adjectives do not indicate a physical quality of the person. For example, if we say that Susana is skinny , the adjective skinny indicates a physical quality, and not her personality.
- It can serve you: Qualifying adjectives of people
Types of personality adjectives
According to the assessment made of the person, three types of personality adjectives can be distinguished:
- Positive personality adjectives . They try to highlight a positive quality or aspect of the person. For example: creative, enthusiastic, organized.
- Negative personality adjectives . They are used to mark negative characteristics or weaknesses of someone’s personality. For example: insecure, proud, stubborn.
- Ambiguous personality adjectives . Its interpretation depends on the context. In some circumstances, these qualities can be positive while, in other situations, they are negative adjectives. For example: quiet / talkative.
- See also: Positive and negative qualifying adjectives
Examples of personality adjectives
|agile of mind||exactly||patient|
|who knows how to delegate||executive||dialogue|
- It can help you: Positive adjectives
- It can help you: Negative adjectives
Examples of sentences with personality adjectives
- The director was very convincing , ambitious and confident .
- The teacher is very responsible and always complies with the appropriate times.
- My brother is very stubborn , he never listens to opinions contrary to his.
- My cousins are lazy , none of them have a steady job.
- My friends are very sincere and that is why I trust their criteria.
- Ramiro is very vain , he is always talking about his latest professional achievements.
- The clown was very heavy , nobody laughed at his jokes.
- Tamara’s sister is very conceited , that’s why no one invites her to birthdays.
- Ángeles is a very confident girl , she will surely achieve all her goals.
- My dad is very thoughtful and always brings up very interesting topics of conversation.
- My grandmother is very tolerant of her grandchildren.
- Tobias’s attitude was shameful , so he had to resign from the position.
- Raquel is a stubborn woman , it is very difficult to make her change her mind.
- The neighbor across the street is crazy , don’t open the door for him.
- Pablo is a bad boy , he doesn’t get along with the rest of the group.
- I am a punctual person and I don’t like people who don’t keep schedules.
- Miriam is a woman very faithful to her convictions.
- My mom was always a very hardworking and successful woman .
- Employees were responsible for company slogans.
- Thanks to his leadership power , Mateo achieved a great political career.