Corporate communication is the communication that is established in companies. They are the set of voluntary and involuntary actions that are part of the company. Working as a team, sending an email or holding meetings with the departments in each area are examples of the communication dynamics that can take place in the organization.
Many companies ignore the power of communication and forget that it is in all organizational processes, which can affect their image. Hence the importance of a strategic communication plan that supports in a coordinated way initiatives such as the entry of a new collaborator to the company, weekly meetings between work teams, talking to the media, among other actions.
In this publication I mention 10 aspects present in communication in organizations. Characteristics to take into account when identifying elements to build or enhance our communication, marketing and public relations plan.
- Identity and visual image. Every organization has a graphic identity, which differentiates us from companies in the same sector.
- Organizational structure . The communication established between the public will depend on the type of company. Linear, functional, matrix or staff line are some of the types of companies that the organization can have.
- Mission, vision and objectives. Companies have purposes and goals to fulfill their business plans.
- Public. There are different types of audiences in organizations. Keep in mind that communication depends on the interests that each one has.
- Policies. The companies also have guidelines and agreements that guarantee the execution of the company’s strategic plans.
- Culture. Stories, heroes and villains are part of the communicative scenario of companies.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication. A wink, a greeting, the way we express ourselves as well as the management of the space are aspects that are part of the companies.
- Internal and external channels . To publicize information, enhance their relationships and make themselves visible to their audiences.
- Manuals. In order to optimize business processes, companies have tutorials and guides.
- Image and reputation. Everything we do in companies will be reflected in what collaborators, clients, the media and the general public think.