Eggplant contains many nutrients such as vitamin C, folate, vitamin B, vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, manganese and iron. Brinjal is used in the treatment of many other diseases like cancer, diabetes, blood pressure, heart disease. It has many medicinal properties. Brinjal is very beneficial for our health.
Benefits of Brinjal –
- Brinjal is a good source of fiber and antioxidants that helps prevent cancer.
- Brinjal is a good source of fiber, potassium, antioxidants and vitamin B6 which reduces the risk of heart disease and prevents heart attack.
- Eggplant has very low calories and high fiber which is helpful in reducing weight.
- Brinjal is very beneficial for diabetic patients. It has low carbohydrate and high in fiber content. It helps in controlling blood sugar levels in the body.
- Eggplant has high potassium levels and low sodium which helps in reducing high blood pressure.
- Brinjal helps in lowering cholesterol levels.
- The nicotine present in eggplants helps in quitting smoking. Brinjal can help smokers curb the craving for cigarette smoking.
- Eggplant contains vitamin C which prevents infection.
- Eggplant is rich in fiber which makes the digestive system strong and eliminates constipation.
- Drinking soup made of mashed brinjal and tomato increases hunger and also aids digestion.